Joshua Stream Pre
Page 133 of 133 First ... 3383123131132133
  1. #1321
    I think I've found a bug. With psionic powers, the effective level doesn't change as you invest points into it. It remains at the functional 1 point level regardless of points invested, or if points are reduced to 0 to test defaults. This applies to both powers in the Abilities tab and their techniques.

  2. #1322

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by arshiahf View Post
    I think I've found a bug. With psionic powers, the effective level doesn't change as you invest points into it. It remains at the functional 1 point level regardless of points invested, or if points are reduced to 0 to test defaults. This applies to both powers in the Abilities tab and their techniques.
    The ruleset doesn't do any special handling of psionic powers, they should be treated as any other skill. If it is not calculating properly, then the most likely cause is the skill/ability details are not properly configured. Click the little brown All-Seeing-Eye icon next to the skill level to check everything is correct.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

  3. #1323
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    The ruleset doesn't do any special handling of psionic powers, they should be treated as any other skill. If it is not calculating properly, then the most likely cause is the skill/ability details are not properly configured. Click the little brown All-Seeing-Eye icon next to the skill level to check everything is correct.
    Is it not supposed to be in the Powers section? When I put the power in there it doesn't calculate correctly, is what I mean. I figured psionic powers would function as a power rather than a skill.

  4. #1324
    I also don't know where to find this All-Seeing-Eye icon, if you could direct me to it.

  5. #1325

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    815
    Quote Originally Posted by arshiahf View Post
    Is it not supposed to be in the Powers section? When I put the power in there it doesn't calculate correctly, is what I mean. I figured psionic powers would function as a power rather than a skill.
    Powers is a section of the character sheet where you can track powers, but no calculation is performed on the level and points spent....At this point...This will be added in future. If you need a calculated level then you can use the skills tab as powers, like spells, are essentially skills.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

  6. #1326
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post
    Powers is a section of the character sheet where you can track powers, but no calculation is performed on the level and points spent....At this point...This will be added in future. If you need a calculated level then you can use the skills tab as powers, like spells, are essentially skills.
    That makes a lot more sense, thank you for clarifying.

  7. #1327
    I made this post by mistake. But I cannot delete it Sorry!
    Last edited by Feroand; August 3rd, 2022 at 21:24.

  8. #1328
    Quote Originally Posted by CD0369 View Post
    Hello all,
    I have hit a snag on importing GCA characters to FGU. The process works well enough with FGC, no issues importing the same character. In GCA, I am using a data set that I found on the SJG forums. In the chat window, I type "/importchar" and it opens a file browser to select the file. Then I get a window. The line says "[ERROR] import: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 350 position 36." I was able to import a character from GCA in the past but something seems to not line up. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.
    EDİT: I have just figured out I replied a super old comment I am sorry. But, if any of you need this information, it's here for you.
    Hello there.
    I am not sure but I believe I have encountered this problem before. As far as I know, there is a difference between how FGU and GCS handle "special characters." When there are & or any other special characters in the character sheet, this problem occurs. You can manually search for & in GCS, if you find it you may change it to something like this "&amp" without quotes or anything you like ("and" can work too). If this doesn't work, you can open the file with a text editor (notepad can do this, I believe) and CTRL+F, and "find and change" the symbol &. You can change it "and" or anything you want.

    At least, this is the solution for my GCS importing problems. I believe it can work for GCA too.

    I am sorry for my bad English, I hope I could explain my thoughts.

    NOTE: "EntityName. Line 350 position 36" is the coordinates of the broken character in the XML file. "Line 350" means row 350, "position 36" means 36th character of that row. But, there may be more after this one too. So, CTRL+F would be better.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 13 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 13 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Dune 2d20

Log in

Log in