DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 79 of 150 First ... 2969777879808189129 ... Last
    Jaxilon, sorry I would like to ask questions about your video.
    As I understand it, the characters were imported from GCA, but there were some doubts.
    1 - Can I create the items in Fantasy Grounds itself?
    2 - When the weapon has 2 or more attack modes I can make the item like this.
    3 - This update will already have hit location, when I refer to hit location I think of damage resistance (DR) automatically subtracting the total damage and applying the calculations for the type of damage caused.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Jaxilon, sorry I would like to ask questions about your video.
    As I understand it, the characters were imported from GCA, but there were some doubts.
    1 - Can I create the items in Fantasy Grounds itself?
    2 - When the weapon has 2 or more attack modes I can make the item like this.
    3 - This update will already have hit location, when I refer to hit location I think of damage resistance (DR) automatically subtracting the total damage and applying the calculations for the type of damage caused.
    Yes, you can still /importchar your characters from GCA. Unfortunately, their items will not completely work like the new update allows. Something will need to be updated in the /importchar script I believe in order for this to work. I haven't looked into that at all and may do so if it's not too much for me to wrap my head around.

For myself, I plan to /importchar characters and then replace the items in their inventory via drag and drop. Once done, they will be forever good to go.

1 - Currently you can not create items in Fantasy Grounds that will entirely work because the fields for combat modes are not exposed to be entered. This is something we plan to look at accomplishing in a future update.

2 - Not sure what you mean but there are many items with multiple attack modes and they do populate into the items in Fantasy Grounds with however many modes they should have. Once you see it you will probably understand how the fields are entered. For example, "thr|sw+2|thr" which might stand for a thrust attack, a cutting attack, and a thrown attack. Again, at present, within FG you will be able to create items and they will function EXCEPT the combat modes will not exist. In other words, you can equip/unequip and they show or hide on the combat tabs but they won't have the modes in the drop down.

3 - There have been NO automation changes made to the code. The only calculations are the damage and range fields for the combat modes. Hit location and so on is just as it has been.

Hope that clears things up a bit? I'll post a video to show how to create items this week so long as we don't run into any bugs that need attention during testing.

This thread has tutorial videos and the link to download the app I created to make items that drag-n-drop in Fantasy Grounds.

Obviously, they won't work completely until the new ruleset rolls out but you can at least get a feel.

Some issues to keep in mind - /importchar does not create items that work with this yet. <-- my personal work around is the import the char and then replace the items in inventory using items dragged from the items in FG.

NPCs have no love yet so don't expect things to work for them like they do for PCs. If you want to have loots from NPCs I'd say create parcels or just drag the items to the chat for folks.

I don't know if it's a problem with my computer, but I've been noticing that the effects that increase or decrease time only work on the "characters" above the last list in the CT
    I tested with version 3.3.8 and 3.3.9 only with the extension GURPSCore.
    In case I'm using the ultimate version of FG on a windows 10 64 bit, oh and to mention I'm having trouble using the tool created by Jaxilon, after sending bug images, tomorrow during the day I will test on a windows 7 64 bit, to see if the CT and Jaxilon program error happens.

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I don't know if it's a problem with my computer, but I've been noticing that the effects that increase or decrease time only work on the "characters" above the last list in the CT
    I tested with version 3.3.8 and 3.3.9 only with the extension GURPSCore.
    In case I'm using the ultimate version of FG on a windows 10 64 bit, oh and to mention I'm having trouble using the tool created by Jaxilon, after sending bug images, tomorrow during the day I will test on a windows 7 64 bit, to see if the CT and Jaxilon program error happens.
    Where did you post the issue you were having? FYI - This won't really work in FG until you have the updated ruleset which should be out in the next few days. I haven't tried using it with the existing version as I know for a fact the logic to use the combat modes in combination with Inventory sheet is not in place.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; October 2nd, 2019 at 04:42.

Yako2020, I noticed this before, quite some time ago, but now I can't remember where I reported it. My solution was to put a "dummy" character in the very last slot of the CT.

Edit: Yes, back in post #702.
    Last edited by seycyrus; October 2nd, 2019 at 04:45.

Thanks seycyrus maybe I could be wrong, but I belive, it's de CoreRPG who's causing the CT error on the GURPS ruleset.

@yako2020 I'll take a look.

To keep things separated I recommend we continue this on the thread about the app here.

Updated the app and if you respond in that thread I will be keeping an eye on it.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; October 2nd, 2019 at 15:56. Reason: duplicate entry

Thread Information