STAR TREK 2d20
Page 91 of 150 First ... 41818990919293101141 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I know that the pipe symbol is used to separate the attack modes, but I would like to know if there is any symbology that determines that the attack mode is from a distance, I ask this, due to melee weapons that are throwable, I know that there is a melee mode, ranged which is a mode that defines the weapon in both modes, but even so, it doesn’t reflect the damage ...
    If you use the Mod Maker program it creates these for you along with the complete modes needed behind the scenes. Eventually there will be more fields to modify directly inside FG but the form (window) for Items doesn't show everything yet and will require some redesign to handle this.

But to answer your question yes, sort of...

Take a thrown knife as an example. To build it for Melee and Ranged you want to create the type as "Melee Weapon, Ranged Weapon" because it is both. This opens up the ranged fields needed.

Do something like the following:

Damage = sw-2 cut|thr imp|thr imp <-- that is melee|melee|ranged
    Reach = C, 1|1
    Range (this is the tricky one) = 0/0|0/0|ST*0.8/ST*1.5 <--- this says it is a ranged weapon but the first two attacks 0/0 and 0/0 get matched up with the first two melee entries in the Damage field. The ST*0.8/ST*1.5 are half & max range & apply to the ranged mode.
    Rate of Fire = 1
    Shots = T(1)

So that creates both Melee and Ranged attack mode however it also creates all three modes in Melee and Ranged so you would then need to delete the extra melee attack created on the Melee combat tabs AND on the Ranged combat tab also remove the two attacks that only belong to the Melee combat tab.

If I feel skippy in the middle of the night I might dig into this and see what can be done to make that work better. If Ronnke doesn't beat me to it of course. But I've been working on adding Vehicles and Animals to the Mod Maker and so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    YOu wanted some suggestion on what to add. And well, ad a group reaction roll button on the party sheet...

Also some of the string fields in Unity is not working as they are in classic. For example the description field in Traits and Abilties, when i have a text in there, and want to highlight or fatten some text up with either italics or bold. You mark the word. And when you try to get the meny up it removes the "hightlight" before opening the meny.

/H
    Thanks. I will look at things to do with than party sheet and also investigate the Unity issue with formatted text fields.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    Also some of the string fields in Unity is not working as they are in classic. For example the description field in Traits and Abilties, when i have a text in there, and want to highlight or fatten some text up with either italics or bold. You mark the word. And when you try to get the meny up it removes the "hightlight" before opening the meny.
    This is an issue with the CoreRPG/FGU. I can't see any depreciated functionality listed, so I only assume it has yet to be implemented/fixed for Unity. The workaround is to highlight the text and press Ctrl+I to set the text Italic, Ctrl+B to set Bold, and Ctrl+U to underline.

The only function that not work in charactersheet skill/adv/dis/quirk/perk "notes" is the heading.

The only function that not work in charactersheet skill/adv/dis/quirk/perk "notes" is the heading.
    Can you please elaborate. I'm not seeing any obvious issues.

Here is a screenshot of what I refery, ie just the type of paragraph - heading that will not.

Attachment 32675

Here is a screenshot of what I refery, ie just the type of paragraph - heading that will not.

Attachment 32675
    This is a known bug in FGU.

Combat Tracker Being Mischievous

Is anyone else having anything wonky with the Combat Tracker in FGC? If I add PCs, their combat abilities don't show up (though their defenses do), but NPCs still show everything. Actual issue, or lack of sleep?

FG GURPS - Combat Tracker.JPG
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Oh, and since I'm here and thinking of it -- the current FG GURPS Effects are informational only, right? Like an effect of "Shock -3" is just there as a reminder to ignore the chat roll and manually adjust, it doesn't apply modiers to the roll.

Thanks!
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMookNet View Post
    ... If I add PCs, their combat abilities don't show up (though their defenses do), but NPCs still show everything. ...
    FG GURPS - Combat Tracker.JPG
    I believe this is intended behavior in that the players will control their rolls, but for the NPCs you'll do it from the CT.

Now for the case when a player is not present, i have an NPC version of their character to use in the CT, of just roll from the character sheet.

Thread Information