Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Demo user limit exceeded error?

Can someone please tell me what exactly this "demo user limit exceeded" error is? I have the ultimate version (I'm pretty sure I put the license key for the standard to ultimate upgrade in the right spot) and I'm hosting a game on my local offline network. My friend just got the demo version, got connected to the game (so now it's just my client hosting and his joining), he's in for like two minutes and then gets booted with a "demo user limit exceeded" message. What's the limitation here? I'm hosting all of the content and the characters, so all he's doing is joining and then grabbing his character from me. Why is he getting booted?

When you start FG, does it say Ultimate in the upper right corner?

Attachment 17351

Blog Entries
    You are getting that error becasue either you did not enter the key correctly, or you did not run an update after entering the key correctly.

When you start FG, do you see this in the top right corner?Attachment 17350
    If not, then re-try entering your key and running update. If that doesn't work, send a screen shot of your setting page to [email protected] with a link to this thread explaining the problem you are having.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

And it looks like you guys are right. I had no idea about that ultimate flag popping up. I had my ultimate upgrade key in the lite to full box instead of in the license key box. Replaced the standard key with the ultimate key and patched and now the ultimate flag is popping up (and I'm not getting the switching to demo mode message when my friend connects). Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricalChaos View Post
    And it looks like you guys are right. I had no idea about that ultimate flag popping up. I had my ultimate upgrade key in the lite to full box instead of in the license key box. Replaced the standard key with the ultimate key and patched and now the ultimate flag is popping up (and I'm not getting the switching to demo mode message when my friend connects). Thanks!
    You're welcome. Glad to hear it was simply resolved and thanks for letting us know the solution worked.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for this thread. Had done exactly the same thing (putting my ultimate key in the wrong box) and was getting the same problem. Was driving me nuts!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GougedEye View Post
    Thanks for this thread. Had done exactly the same thing (putting my ultimate key in the wrong box) and was getting the same problem. Was driving me nuts!!!
    Welcome to the forums, glad you got things fixed

I have the same problem and am not really happy about it. I have a bunch of people who have the free version of the software and I have the ultimate. The top right of my screen has "v.3.3.5.ULTIMATE".
    When the try to log into the game I have created, they get ...

demo user limit exceeded

My screen shows me they are connecting then getting disconnected. Really fed up with the hassle of this.

Hi DoctorC, welcome to Fantasy Grounds.

Sorry to here you are having an issue. How are the players connecting to you, over the internet or on a LAN?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Over the internet but my game is running on a machine at home, while the others are in a school on the school network.

When I look on my screen, it shows that they all seem to be connecting then they get disconnected (repeatedly). On their screen, it never shows them being connected, it just gives the error message.

The web suggested that the players need a particular type of license in order to attach to me, but the info was old (2013 I think). I assume this is not correct??

Thread Information