FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: GM Advice

Blog Entries
    Along the lines of Gavin's suggestion about listening to the old radio serials, Netflix and Amazon Video also have an awesome option for audio narration (for certain shows) which can be an excellent demonstration of evocative descriptions to help your players (and yourself) envision the scene you're playing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Along the lines of Gavin's suggestion about listening to the old radio serials, Netflix and Amazon Video also have an awesome option for audio narration (for certain shows) which can be an excellent demonstration of evocative descriptions to help your players (and yourself) envision the scene you're playing.
    Hmm, Any suggestions on which shows to look for with this? And is it then access from something like the Closed Caption menu or...?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Sure, here are the customer help pages for each:

Netflix: Audio Descriptions | Browse: Netflix titles with Audio Descriptions

Amazon: Audio Descriptions | Browse: Amazon titles with Audio Descriptions
    Last edited by Talyn; August 23rd, 2018 at 19:25. Reason: Added the 'browse' URL for each service

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thanks Gavin. I've added the link in the mentioned section. Let me know if you think the description should be other than what I wrote.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with "On Extra Credits" as I did not see such a section on that website. Maybe I'm missing something?
    "On" being short for "On the topic of" Extra Credits because you mentioned "if anyone else seconds it" in your post directly above mine.

And the description looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Sure, here are the customer help pages for each:

Netflix: Audio Descriptions | Browse: Netflix titles with Audio Descriptions

Amazon: Audio Descriptions | Browse: Amazon titles with Audio Descriptions
    If you like those ideas, I am a Vocational Rehabilitation counselor who works with the blind community. I can get some recommendations for which are the best done audio descriptions.

And if you didn't know, all modern movies in America have these by law and you can get a special headset at any movie theatre to listen to them for free from the customer service desk. However, most movie theatres only have 2 or 3 headsets total, so use with care so that a blind patron isn't screwed out of their movie. But often during matinees with empty theatres it is a fun way to rewatch a movie when thinking about how to DM an adventure based on it. Online, of course, knock yourself out.

Blog Entries
    For further information on what Gavin just said, here's the American Council of the Blind's Audio Description Project initiative. Click the "About Streaming AD" for info on which streaming services provide Audio Descriptions.

Blog Entries
    Cool, thanks for the info guys. Sounds interesting, but have to admit not sure I'll get around to do it anytime soon. But, maybe someone else will be inspired

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks to GavinRuneblade I just got introduced to this blog, https://thinkdm.wordpress.com/

It looks promising. He seems to look at the mathematical side of 5E quite a bit, especially regarding trade off like two weapon fighting versus great weapon master feats.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelmi View Post
    Thanks for the tips GavinRuneblade.
    I'm still new here, but nice to see if you get such tips. I like it here.
    whatever you guys are smoking dont do it here
    bye bye

Thread Information