5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: GM Advice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Not sure if DawnforgedCast counts towards GM Advice but he does a video segment where he takes viewer questions and gives his take on how to handle the situation as GM.
    If you recomend them, then absolutely! I have started putting short descriptions and such after them to help people sort and find within the various links.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    I've added and updated a couple of link, but mostly I have added short descriptions to most of the links and cleaned up the formatting.

Still could use more links for things like inspiration and GM tools. So feel free to post any of your favorites.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Added a link to Game Mastery 101. I've finally gotten the chance to read more than just his articles on Node Based Design. Jason is one of the most accessible intellectual in the gaming community. Well written articles that are thoughtful and clear and really provides a clear and in-depth analysis of many of RPG's critical considerations.

If you've never read him, take a few minutes and pick out an article that sounds interesting, chances are, you'll be happy with the time you spend doing so.

Blog Entries
    Added a link to an excellent discussion on Hazards from EnWorld. Really strongly suggested reading if you design encounters and adventures.

Blog Entries
    A couple of new blogs/websites;
    • Loot the Room - A website with a RPG Blog, Maps, Treasure Tables, Campaign Building Resources and more.
    • Age of Ravens - A Blog with lots of Cyberpunk, L5R, Warhammer and other niche systems. Includes product reviews, game mastering advice and other topics of interest.
    • Gnome Stew - A collection of blogs from numerous authors with over 3000 posts.
    • Innroad Ministries - Lots of blog articles, but has a section for those to new to gaming as well.

Blog Entries
    Added 2 new maps resources as well;

Blog Entries
    Came across this recently; https://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...f-GM-DM-advice
    Some is good and some not so, will add it to the first post.

Blog Entries
    Extra Credits YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCO...M1JavPCOr_Uydg

Haven't watched any of them yet, but it comes recommended and looks promising. Will add it to the first posts after I get a chance to go through some of them or if someone else seconds the recommendation.

I would like to offer a link for your Post two section "inspirations": this is the classic radio dramas from before television: https://www.oldradioworld.com/

As a kid, my dad played me his father's copies of the Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, the Shadow, and X Minus One. These were stories not written to be read or TV shows to be watched, but 100% audio narrative. I learned a hell of a lot listening to them, like pacing, expression, how to provide details that help listeners imagine the scene, etc. X Minus One is particularly good for roleplaying inspiration. And when I first started GMing online I went back and re-listened to several of these to remind myself how to be a story teller in a purely audio medium. I suspect other people might get something from them too.

On Extra Credits, most of their stuff is for video games, but they really do a great job of handling game design and game balance theory. I think many GMs would benefit from a lot of the videos they've put out.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Gavin. I've added the link in the mentioned section. Let me know if you think the description should be other than what I wrote.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with "On Extra Credits" as I did not see such a section on that website. Maybe I'm missing something?

Thread Information