DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 9 First ... 6789 Last
    Does anyone know how to word an NPC Action that temporarily gives a creature vulnerability to bludgeoning damage? (Or if such a thing is even possible?) I know how to apply this manually as an effect (VULN: bludgeoning), or as a power on a PC sheet, but I'd really like to be able to do this right from an NPC monster sheet.

An example of the type of ability I'm trying to create: Brittle Bones. One adjacent creature gains vulnerability to bludgeoning damage for 1 minute.

There is no wording which will parse out effects such as resistance or vulnerability to damage.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rades View Post
    Does anyone know how to word an NPC Action that temporarily gives a creature vulnerability to bludgeoning damage? (Or if such a thing is even possible?) I know how to apply this manually as an effect (VULN: bludgeoning), or as a power on a PC sheet, but I'd really like to be able to do this right from an NPC monster sheet.

An example of the type of ability I'm trying to create: Brittle Bones. One adjacent creature gains vulnerability to bludgeoning damage for 1 minute.
    You do that WITHIN the sat block.Untitled.png

Nevermind DELETE ME! I don't mean delete this post, I mean DELETE ME FROM YOUR LIFE! I'm no help.

Also, why can't you delete posts on this message board?
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    You do that WITHIN the sat block.Untitled.png
    I knew you could set it up so that an NPC always had vulnerability - what I was hoping for was a way to make an ability that GAVE someone vulnerability during a fight. But it sounds like that isn't possible. Thanks Zacchaeus for the quick response, I'll just have to write the effect manually on the tracker when this ability is used.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rob2e View Post
    You do that WITHIN the sat block.

Nevermind DELETE ME! I don't mean delete this post, I mean DELETE ME FROM YOUR LIFE! I'm no help.

Also, why can't you delete posts on this message board?
    All you can do is edit your post and delete everything and replace it with something like "[deleted because I'm a doof!]"

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You can build the effect (Brittle Bones; VULN: bludgeoning) in your Effects window with the appropriate settings for duration and visibility and then drag it into your hotlinks for quick access during your campaign. Just drag it onto the appropriate actor in the CT or on the battlemap.

Quote Originally Posted by cdhyanchand View Post
    You can build the effect (Brittle Bones; VULN: bludgeoning) in your Effects window with the appropriate settings for duration and visibility and then drag it into your hotlinks for quick access during your campaign. Just drag it onto the appropriate actor in the CT or on the battlemap.
    I think this is exactly what he was wanting to avoid having to do.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Bit of a necro, but what can you do. I spent the last 90 minutes fumbling around trying to get the 'Spellcasting' trait to work. Pro tip - make sure you have the damn source book loaded. Turns out the PHB wasn't loaded, so the spell auto parsing wasn't working. Just leaving this here for any other sleep deprived would-be DM's.

Hi, I need some help if you can, I have no idea what I am doing wrong, the wording for spellcasting action seems exactly as it should but the Spell saves and DC do not follow to CT

Capture d’écran (3).png

Quote Originally Posted by Cireiluj View Post
    Hi, I need some help if you can, I have no idea what I am doing wrong, the wording for spellcasting action seems exactly as it should but the Spell saves and DC do not follow to CT

Capture d’écran (3).png
    I believe you need to state what the spell DC and spell to hit numbers are in the Spellcasting trait. You would want The orc shamman is a 4th-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 12, +4 to hit with spell attacks). The orc shamman has the following spells prepared:

(the spells part looks fine)

Thread Information