DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last
    Once in the Wiki then the PDF and ePub user manuals can pick it up...

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Or, put it all into an attachment like I had to do with the Adventure Creation stuff. I just put a summary in the post and then make an attachment with the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Or, put it all up on the wiki, then link to the wiki. that way you wont have those size limitations at all, and it would be easy to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    Once in the Wiki then the PDF and ePub user manuals can pick it up...
    This article has now been incorporated into the 5e Wiki. Link in the first post.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Hi,

I am having issues to make spellcasting works. I load the PHB and use the wording as you suggested but spells are not loaded most of the time. I can see the right number of slots but not the spells. It sounds to me like it cannot read the module, even if for some other NPCs were loaded.

Any hints?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drogo210 View Post
    Hi,

I am having issues to make spellcasting works. I load the PHB and use the wording as you suggested but spells are not loaded most of the time. I can see the right number of slots but not the spells. It sounds to me like it cannot read the module, even if for some other NPCs were loaded.

Any hints?
    Not sure what problem you are having...

If you are talking about the "Spellcasting" trait on an NPC, the spells do not get added to the NPC until the NPC is re-opened or added to the CT. That is when the spellcasting trait gets parsed and the actions added.

If that is what you are talking about, please double check your wording and format is exact. Even adding a comma or colon in the wrong place will break it. If it still isn't working, please post a screen shot of what you are doing and provide the steps for someone to reproduce.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    In the first example you have "prepared:"
    The colon is wrong. You need a period instead.

Remember;
    Spellcasting
    If the NPC can cast spells then you can automate the population of the actual spells into the NPC sheet. Additionally with the correct wording FG will work out the attacks and spell save DCs where those are present in the spell/ The trait should be named 'Spellcasting' and the wording should be as follows:
    The [NPC] is a nth-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is [ability]. The [NPC] has the following spells prepared.
    Cantrips (at will): <spell name>,<spell name>
    1st level (4 slots): <spell name>, <spell name>
    2nd level (2 slots): <spell name>, <spell name>
    It is important that the wording is exactly as above including the punctuation. All spell names should be in lower case separated by a comma.
    If the NPC has innate spellcasting abilities then replace the heading with 'Innate Spellcasting' and replace the 1st level, 2nd level etc with 3/day, 1/day or whatever the NPC rate of casting is.

If you want to override the automatic calculation of spell save and attack rolls replace the first line with this
    The [NPC] is a nth-level spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is [ability] (spell save DC #, +# to hit with spell attacks). The [NPC] has the following spells prepared.
    (thanks jkadje)

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I don't see anything wrong with your trait. If you are using any extensions make sure you test in a new campaign without extensions in case that's an issue. Also if you are editing an existing spellcaster make sure you delete all the existing spells from the NPC spells section before closing and re-opening the NPC to re-populate the spells.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    In the first example you have "prepared:"
    The colon is wrong. You need a period instead.
    It doesn't matter whether it's a colon or a period.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It doesn't matter whether it's a colon or a period.
    Ah

Thanks,

Figured it out. I was doing it wrong, I assume.

I did enter the trait and after I clicked the "+" of Spell, while I should just drag the NPC in the CT without pushing the "+".

I do not know if it's the standard procedure but it worked.

Many thanks.

Thread Information