Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

A public thank you to our many, many community devs

I just sent a version of this to all our devs for the new year, but I thought it would be good to post something where all forum users could see and chime in.

I want to give a great big “thank you” to each of our developers and to James Holloway (Lokiare) for helping coordinate it all. We had 47 community developers who did official work for us in 2016 and 184 new products released. Some of these were done internally, but there is no way we could have achieved what we did without your help. Your contributions expanded the RPG offerings to our community, helped grow SmiteWorks and helped support 37 different publishers, many of which are small Indie shops comprised of only a handful of hardworking authors and artists.

In addition to the production of new content, our community developers also helped us improve the features within Fantasy Grounds across all products. Some of the work pioneered by Damian Hupfeld, Ian Ward and Zeph Ponos helped improve library functionality and presentation across all CoreRPG products. Zacchaeus went above and beyond and helped coordinate fixes and updates across a wide range of products that weren’t even his and Ikael continues to provide new features and assistance for a broad range of Savage Worlds products. Trenloe, MaskOfWinter, MadBeardman, Phantomwhale, Danny Stratton, Doswelk, Poison Alchemist, TASAgent, Perry Chalmers and Jim Hauber were all very prolific. I’m sure I’m missing someone, but we know all your names and contributions.

Edit: Many thanks to the many unofficial community devs too. What they do is just as impressive and even moreso when you consider it was 100% voluntary. Dulux-Oz tops the list there and until recently, Trenloe and Damned were in that same category.

Thanks for helping our small company feel bigger than it really is. I wish you all a very fantastic 2017.

Happy Gaming!
    Last edited by ddavison; January 2nd, 2017 at 00:35.

I am always impressed with the dedication and quality of service that comes out of these community devs. Thank you all!

I certainly agree. Over the years, I have seen Fantasy Grounds go from a relatively obscure but promising platform to being a very robust and gold standard product. A great deal of the credit for that deservedly goes to our community developers who have pitched in to help for things that needed to be done and in many instances have acted to push the platform in ways that the official developers never envisioned or just didn't have time to do. That is one of the things that makes this community so unusual and great. Best to all of you in 2017.

Thanks also to Smiteworks for making Fantasy Grounds a platform where the user is capable of taking part in that. Many companies would have simply locked everything behind an encryption wall and kept the tools out of the users hands. The strength of Fantasy Grounds is the fostering of this sort of community approach.
    Ultimate License Holder GM

Games currently Playing: AD&D, DCC RPG and D&D 5e

Finished Projects: AD&D Ruleset
    New School NPC Maker 5E
    New School NPC Maker PFRPG - 3.5E
    Old School NPC Maker

Current Projects:

1) Adventure Module.
    2) Maintaining and improving released projects.
    3) C.O.O.L. Beasts
    4) Basic Fantasy Ruleset
    5) Metamorphosis Alpha Ruleset

Blog Entries
    Impressive work from all you community Devs. A heartfelt and well earned Thank You

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

A big "Thank you!" from me also, you guys are awesome :-)

Thank you all. You are awesome!!!
    I wish you good health and an excellent year!

A big thank you from me too. I'd also like to thank the community devs for being so willing to help out and answer questions for those of us that are just dipping our toes into creating rulesets and modules. I'm very appreciative of all the hard work they do. Also, a big thanks to Moon Wizard and Doug for being so involved and accessible to the community at large.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    This project has heart and I feel same rhytm. Thank you all devs & members too.

Yes, thank you everyone!

I love this community! The feedback here is awesome and the devs. are great!

Thank you FG!
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Thread Information