FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Shadowrun: Anarchy

Has anyone thought (maybe even started developing) a Shadowrun: Anarchy FG ruleset?

The recently released alternate ruleset for the Shadowrun setting seems to be gaining volume to its buzz. It's been getting great reviews, and looks to be a good story driven streamlining of the rules.

I'm still reading through the manual, but it doesn't seem that complicated (Compared to the Shadowrun 5th Ed core books - yes plural - it's simple as pie). Everything is a contested skill test. Number of hits (5 or 6 on a d6) for minus number of hits against. if there's more than one hit left, the attempt succeeds.

It generalizes ranges (to an abstract Close / Near / Far), and filters down the skills lists and attributes, and abstracts turns and time flow to make the story the focus, not the minutia of the rule book.

I'm not sure how hard it is to make a new ruleset, or implement some of the new rules (like glich dice, and Plot points - which sound similar to Bennies from Savage Worlds) but this sounds a lot easier than some of the more "crunchy" rulesets that have been made.

Blog Entries
    MoreCore can do most of that... it wont actually do the contest but you can do /successes 4d6x5 and it will roll 4d6 and count the 5s and up as successes. You can use Hero Points as Plot Points (they're nameable) but I have no idea what a glitch die is. And the /success rolls can be saved to the char sheet for re-use.

Any story driven rules engine could most likely fit with CoreRPG, you don't have that much automation. I am playing Shadowrun 3e with CoreRPG, and it works fine. All the calcuations and logics would be done by players around a table anyway.

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Ah, thanks for the responses. I'll do some research on the MoreCore (I've spent most of my time in the D&D and Savage Worlds rulesets).

I have worked out the macro for dice but somehow I can't execute it from the character sheet. Is there a trick to make it work?

Blog Entries
    Hey kaeln please post the script file here and the syntax and Ill add it in to 1.39 so it just works...
    If you use the newer script file format (those in /scripts rather than those in /desktop/scripts) then you just have to include the file and it will work from the char sheet - irf you used the older style scripts we have to also register it for use with the Rolls feature.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hey kaeln please post the script file here and the syntax and Ill add it in to 1.39 so it just works...
    If you use the newer script file format (those in /scripts rather than those in /desktop/scripts) then you just have to include the file and it will work from the char sheet - irf you used the older style scripts we have to also register it for use with the Rolls feature.
    I am just trying to use the dice string "/successes1d6x5" for example, but when I include it in character sheet it does not trigger any roll. I don't know what you mean by script file, should I include it elsewhere instead of trying to use from the background? Or is there any way I can copy the neat dice roll that is included in the SR4 ruleset?

Blog Entries
    it works for me.
    Open a MoreCore character sheet and in any of the Rolls windows create a new Roll eg:
    Agility
    /successes 4d6x5

and then close it and click on the dice icon to roll it.

I've thought about using anarchy from time to time. It's very dungeon-worldy. SR is already a niche ruleset, anarchy smaller so core rules is the way to go. I run SR5e on Core with minor sheet modifications.

So I finally found where I could include the string for the roll. But I still can't seem to achieve what I was hoping for, maybe I am still missing something.

Is there a way to have a score assigned to skills with a value (1-12), then an attribute linked to said skill (similarly to what is available in the official DD5E ruleset for example) and when we click on it, and a column for Misc modifiers. The objective being that the roll is made based on the values entered in the different fields (skill + attribute + modifier) x D6 shadowrun style. Is that functionality supported?

Thanks in advance,

Thread Information