DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 48 of 58 First ... 384647484950 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortar View Post
    If you purchase them through the store/Steam (if your account is synched) the modules will automatically be downloaded when you run an update. The exception to this is if you get the module through another source (DMsGuild, etc).
    I have purchased about 7 modules through DMsGuild and it had me place them into the FG/modules folder.

I purchased Alone against the Dark (through FG) but I do not see that in the same folder. When I bring up CoC, 'Alone' is there to play but I am going to purchase others and am trying to figure out where to place them. I do not see any other modules folder.

Thanks, again.

Blog Entries
    Forgot about the vault folder...that was my mistake. If product from the store is encrypted which is left up to the individual publisher, it will be found in that folder. And to the best of knowledge most CoC7e modules are encrypted.

Yes, modules from DMsGuild and any other site other than Steam and the FG store will need to be manually put into the correct folders.

1. .mod files to the modules folder
    2. .ext files to the extensions folder
    3. .pak files to the rulesets folder
    4. .ppk files to the portraits folder
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    I've found a couple new things that are broken on the CoC7e ruleset. I'd estimate I started noticing this about a month ago and my guess is that some update broke it because it was working before. It took me a while to get around to testing it since it wasn't game breaking. The party sheet does not seem to be communicating changes with the character sheet, but the character sheet still communicates to the party sheet. A few specific examples:
    1. Initiating a party sanity reset on the party sheet doesn't do anything even though the text reports that is is resetting. You have to go to the character sheet and initiate it there to make it actually happen and it updates on the party sheet also.
    2. Checking the temp insanity boxes on the party sheet activates them on the party sheet display, but not on the character sheet. Activating the marker on the character sheet does both.
    3. Checking the major wound box on the party sheet only marks it there and not on the character sheet. Marking on the character sheet activates the marker in both places.
    4. Also when dragging a new character over to the party sheet their sanity will be 0 on the party sheet sheet even though it is the default value on the character sheet. Nothing gets it to display the correct value other than changing the current sanity value on the character sheet a notch and then back to the correct value. it will then update on the party sheet.

I was wondering if something got messed up on my campaign files so I tried this on a blank slate and it still occurred.

Unrelated to the above issue but something to look at when you have time. The pulp cthulhu extension throws an error IN UNITY. It seems to work otherwise from my limited testing but when loading it reports:
    [4/12/2020 10:13:55 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] framedef: Could not find image file () for frame (shortcuts). [PulpCthulhu] [graphics/graphics_frames.xml]

Thanks
    Hi garrion_sw

Thank you for the reports.
    Is this on FGC or FGU?
    Could you upload your db.xml for e to have a look?

Forgot about the vault folder...that was my mistake. If product from the store is encrypted which is left up to the individual publisher, it will be found in that folder. And to the best of knowledge most CoC7e modules are encrypted.

Yes, modules from DMsGuild and any other site other than Steam and the FG store will need to be manually put into the correct folders.

[/LIST]
    so if they are encrypted, they will not show up?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTrav57 View Post
    so if they are encrypted, they will not show up?
    They'll show up no problem in your campaign launch screen in the case of extensions, or the Module activation window through the library.

To see them in the data folders you'll have to look in the vault folder to see encrypted .dat files, but there is nothing you can do to alter/read that .dat file.
    Ultimate License Holder

To see them in the data folders you'll have to look in the vault folder to see encrypted .dat files, but there is nothing you can do to alter/read that .dat file.
    One last question , I know I said that before. How do I switch from CoC to D&D 5e without completely exiting FG (I am on Unity).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimTrav57 View Post
    One last question , I know I said that before. How do I switch from CoC to D&D 5e without completely exiting FG (I am on Unity).
    You cant. Keep asking Questions.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Thank you for the reports.
    Is this on FGC or FGU?
    Could you upload your db.xml for e to have a look?
    The first issue with the party sheet was in FGC. I just tested it in FGU and it happens there also.
    The second issue with the script error for the Pulp extension was in FGU.

DB files attached. The smaller is FGC and the larger is FGU. (Two different campaigns.)

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by garrion_sw; April 13th, 2020 at 15:58.

Hello everyone,
    I am new to FG and currently preparing my first CoC adventure. Since my group is located in Germany I tried to use Muwaks translation files for the ruleset. Unfortunately, apparently the skill translation is not working. I tried to fix this problem, but only with limited success, since the ruleset is password protected. But maybe somebody here can help me?

With the original files from Muwaks I got the following error messages when

1. Opening a character sheet (main)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_actor2.lua"]:140: attempt to call field 'getSkill' (a nil value)

2. Opening the skill page
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_era.lua"]:242: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

The first error might have been caused by the use of both a ‘getSkill’ and 'getSkills' function in the ruleset (I added a 'getSkill' function, calling 'getSkills')
    The second error appears to happen due to a change of the era Names. I fixed this in the “manager_era” to ‘1920s’

However, now I get these two errors:
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_skill.lua"]:19: attempt to call field 'hashName' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_skilllist.lua"]:124: attempt to call field 'getSublabeling' (a nil value)

Does anybody have an idea or solution on how to make the skill translation work?

Thanx in advance

Thread Information