DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hellfrost Provlems

I've come across a problem with the Hellfrost tables. When I click on them the console window and an empty table open up. Also noticed there is no table for spell backlash caused by the siphoning...
    Last edited by goodmanje; December 21st, 2016 at 14:17.

Blog Entries
    We will look into it and get back with you.

Blog Entries
    It's a html table, this module was created before there were actual tables on FG. It's in the library. See screenshot.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Understood, thanks! Let me ask one more thing... According to the Hellfrost Players guide each type of magic has an associated skill (Hrimwisardry, Song Magic, Cut-Rune, etc...). None of those are in the skill list. So when I create a power for a character it rolls as unskilled every time. If I just create a skill entry called "cut-rune d8" can I somehow tell the power to use that for rolls?

SmiteWorks/Doswelk should add those arcane skills into Hellfrost module. However the skill should auto-link to your arcane rolls if you have name the skill correctly
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

for example if you make a druid and take that arcane background go to your skills tab and make a new skill and name it druidism and you will be set.

If your unsure what to call it put a power in and let it roll unskilled and you will get the spelling you need for the skill in chat.

It would be handy if they were included though.

That worked perfect for Hrimwisardry Hendell. Thanks! Now I'm trying to do the same thing for Rune Magic and having problems. Looking at a character in the Hellfrost Heroes & Villians Compendium, he has Arcane Background (Rune Magic) and a skill called Cut-Rune. There are 21 different runes and each has three powers associated with it. If I add a power the chat window just shows the power name and unskilled. I tried creating a skill called Cut-Rune and it doesn't get used. Not sure how to make this one work. Seems like the Hellfrost setting could use some TLC.

OK from what I can tell the rune mage would need its own skill or rune to call on.

The powers seem to be referencing itself on each casting, bolt referencing bolt, aim referencing aim ect.

Note sure there is a work around for that one that I know of and I could be completely wrong on this.

Ok, I'm seeing the same. Hopefully a developer will be able to correct this.

Quote Originally Posted by goodmanje View Post
    I've come across a problem with the Hellfrost tables. When I click on them the console window and an empty table open up. Also noticed there is no table for spell backlash caused by the siphoning...
    Can you explain in more detail please? Which table were you trying to open? What did you click to get to the table that threw the console window? If you can give us more details, then we can quickly pinpoint the problem and help you out.

I've looked at the module and there are no tables in the table window because this is an older module that didn't create tables. All tables in this module are likely to be within a reference page.

Thread Information