Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Well, that won't backup your campaign data... Check your settings to see where your data is stored.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrockitt View Post
    Thanks from me too, Dropbox script works well. Only thing is and this might just be me, but I do not have an %Appdata% Fantasy Grounds folder on my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit laptop so I set it to backup ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds instead. Think this is right
    I think it does. I think the default location on Win 10 is ProgramData; but as Andraax says check in settings exactly here your FGData is stored (you can also get there by clicking the small folder icon to right of the start screen)
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

There was a period of time where FG's default data location was ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds (v3.0.13 to v3.1.7 - about 1 year) - but there were occasional access rights issues with this location. So the default was changed back to be under the AppData path. If you installed during the period when the default was ProgramData then that's what you'll use.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Didn't think of that!

Yes, ProgramData is where my Campaign folder lives, not sure if that was default or I changed it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I think it does. I think the default location on Win 10 is ProgramData; but as Andraax says check in settings exactly here your FGData is stored (you can also get there by clicking the small folder icon to right of the start screen)
    The default location on Win10 is "%appdata%\Fantasy Grounds".

Thanks all for the answers.
    I am going to switch it back to %APPDATA% because you are right, it does throw up occasional complaints in ProgramData (have only just purchased Fantasy Grounds so new to it).
    Last edited by mrrockitt; May 15th, 2018 at 09:37.

Anyone test this on a MacBook macOS High Sierra yet?

As I understand the process, it backs up the campaign data so you have a fall back (EG - PC jacks up their character sheet). Assume you could import a single sheet from that backup. Or, would you delete the messed up sheet and copy over the backed up sheet into the active folder?

I noticed in my case, the data is saved in C:/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/Fantasy Grounds/

My user name is user....

It also looked like the default was to hide viewing of the folder AppData, so I had to make that viewable so I could look at it.

I guess the best thing is to look at the FG settings to see how it has setup the save location by default. That is what I did. I am looking at these batch file options, which look good. I would hate to lose all of my work.

I ended up making a simple batch file called Backup_FG.bat for my Windows 10 laptop. It has one line:

ROBOCOPY "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds" "C:\Users\user\Dropbox\Shared_Home\Fantasy Grounds Data" /mir

In my case, I only log in as one user while I am playing, so this works for me. This batch file isn't automated, although I will probably add that option because I am sure to forget to run it over time.
    Last edited by patriot101; January 3rd, 2020 at 20:23.

Blog Entries
    Welcome patriot101 - be aware that if something happened to your files stored locally and you did a /MIR it would update the dropbox copy with the (now) damaged files
    Backups are generally recommended that you have multiple copies in case your current backup file is damaged (or has backed up damaged data)
    Do consider expanding your one liner a little

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Assuming your FG data file is in the (new) default location %AppData%\"fantasy grounds"
    (The previous default location was %ProgramData%\"fantasy grounds")
    Holy necro-thread batman....I know, I know....

So if I wanted to put the location into the batch file with the full path, how would this be done in the batch file you wrote?

My fantasy grounds folder isn't located in %appdata% if it's let's say: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\fantasy grounds\
    When I put in %appdata% it's looking where I used to have my FGC install, but FGU got installed to a different folder above -- "user" in that is my first name -- but when I use %appdata% that references a different username

Thanks in advance

Substitute your name for user.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information