5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Rem's Maps

Rem's Maps

Firstly, I am so far from a talented map-maker its not even funny. So you've been warned: These maps are either terrible, super simple/basic, or some combination of both!

That being said, I have made some maps and just wanted to share! Maybe over time my mapping/artistic skills will improve and as I add to this map collection they will *hopefully* get better and better!

These are all free for anyone to use, however they like. They were all made using a combination of Campaign Cartographer 3+ (and its addons Dungeon Designer and City Designer) and Photoshop.

This map is my homebrew world I've been DMing for a while now. You can use it however you want. The world, in general, is called Aldor, named so for the first humans who settled it, and the largest kingdom in the land is also called Aldor.
    Attachment 16935

This map is of the town Littledale where my PCs began their adventures. It is, however, unlabeled and you can call it whatever you want to!
    Attachment 16936

These maps are for a story line my PCs went on early in the campaign. The first is of a miner's camp just outside 2 mine/cave locations. The 2nd and 3rd maps are maps of the inside of the caves/mines. These maps are not gridded, even though we used them as battle maps. I just used Fantasy Grounds "set grid" option inside the program. So that makes these as flexible as you want them to be.
    Attachment 16937 Attachment 16938 Attachment 16939

That's all for now. I'll add more soon!
    Please feel free to call me Robyn. (I can't change my username here)
    My 5E PDFs & Fantasy Grounds Modules on The Dungeon Master's Guild
    I stream FG content creation, world building, and D&D games on Twitch!
    You can find me on Twitter too, if that's your thing!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Remedeez!

Seems like you did a great job on continent map and camp/mine maps.

Thanks for sharing

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    This "New mine.jpg" is interesting especially for presence of hidden chamber. Nice work

Thanks everyone for the comments so far!

Yes the hidden chamber on the new mine map is left that way so a DM could use it as they saw fit, or not use it at all too. Either way I try to make things flexible for me, and in sharing them, flexible for others too.

I have spent the last week or so reworking the world map for my campaign world, now called Aldonia.

Below are the regular version of the new world map, the political map AND a completely unlabeled version if anyone wants to make their own cities/locations and such. Enjoy.
    Attachment 17369 Attachment 17370 Attachment 17371

I'll try to get a blog post up at some point detailing more stuff about the world. Or maybe a PDF, similar to the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. But free for anyone to use, as always.

Thank you for sharing

Very cool stuff. I like your world maps. May I ask what you did to them in photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by tonnichiwa View Post
    Very cool stuff. I like your world maps. May I ask what you did to them in photoshop?
    Well, I used LOTS of layers.

Like everything is on its own layer. Terrain color, the brushes for the trees, hills, mountains, etc. All the coastline is its own layer. City names get their own layer. Terrain names get their own layer. So on and so forth. Then, depending on the layers, I play around a lot with blend modes, layer effects and such til I like the way it all looks.

Thread Information