5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

extension properties - dependency does nothing ?

I've been trying to adding a depended extension to my extensions, as per the Developer Guide - Extensions but it seems to do nothing.

The FGU extensions window box does not list any information about this requirement, or auto 'select' the dependency, or auto 'force load' load it when the campaign start. Its basically totally skipped ?

Does this feature work, am I setting it up wrong. ( I've tried both the filename of the extension and the name shown in the extensions list, neither work.. )

any clues ?

-pete

<properties>
    <dependency>
    <name>B9_CommonCore</name>
    </dependency>
    </properties>
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Modules: B9's Steel Defender.
    Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Blog Entries
    MOD: moved to Workshop since this is really a coding question

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Didn't the dependency functionality get removed, or am I misremembering things again

*Edit*
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post467197

Yup, removed/deprecated I think.

Cheers, Steve
    Last edited by Stv; September 13th, 2022 at 19:47.

The best you can do is check for the dependency and post a link to it in FG if it's required and not found.

Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    Didn't the dependency functionality get removed, or am I misremembering things again

*Edit*
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post467197

Yup, removed/deprecated I think.

Cheers, Steve
    Its still in the documentation, which is why I was trying it... because documentation is my first point of call. ( Not a 3 year old forum post.. )

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Forge Extensions: B9's Spell Tokens, B9's Encumbrance Tweak, B9's Damage Per Round, B9's Surprise Round.
    DMsGuild Extensions: Advanced Weapon Damage, Advanced Spell Damage, Aspect Of The Bear, Spell Long Rest For NPC, Spell Domain.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    The best you can do is check for the dependency and post a link to it in FG if it's required and not found.
    This is in what I currently do, but since the documentation still lists the property... I assumed it was active.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Quote Originally Posted by bratch9 View Post
    This is in what I currently do, but since the documentation still lists the property... I assumed it was active.

-pete
    Absolutley agree with you there. I just recalled seeing that some time ago so chimed in.

Cheers, Steve.

I've updated those pages to remove the "dependency" tag reference.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I've updated those pages to remove the "dependency" tag reference.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks, I noticed you add the missing 'ruleset' version.

-pete
    Forge Profile
    DMsGuild Profile

Thread Information