Starfinder Playlist

Request: Arrows and "Snap to Grid"

I love the arrows that are available in draw mode...they are great for movement, spell effects, etc.

One of the things that I was wondering was whether, once a grid was laid down, there might be the optional switch of forcing arrows to "snap to the grid".

I ask for two reasons.

Not so important reason
    I think spell effects would be much more accurate and make it a lot easier to see what is being affected.

More important reason
    If arrows were snapped to the grid, it seems like movement would be easier to calculate. Right now, if I draw an arrow starting from one corner to the opposite corner along the diagonal, the distance shows as 1.5, presumably referring to squares. But that's not really the way the movement rules work. The first diagonal should count as 5" and the next as 10" (assuming a 5" standard square).

It seems like if the arrows were forced to snap to a corner, this type of counting would be a very easy thing to do and would make movement (and range penalties for ranged weapons) a very easy thing to accomodate so that players don't have to sit and count manually.

Again, as always...just a thought to add to what is already a great program.

perhaps the line could display the range in units as well. Like feet, meters or squares.
    Play? Y DM? N Days: 7 days a week Time: Mornings EST(GMT -5)

Thread Information