FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Talespire

Talespire

Has anyone seen Talespire 3D Tabletop Project by Bouncy Rock Entertainment?

https://imgur.com/gallery/nbs2A

Looks amazing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    Has anyone seen Talespire 3D Tabletop Project by Bouncy Rock Entertainment?

https://imgur.com/gallery/nbs2A

Looks amazing.
    Meh. There are a lot of problems with an app like that. First is that level of graphics it takes to render it like that is out of the reach of many. Second is the most important, and that is content. Every single miniature will take days of work by an experienced digital artist. It's not like FG where anyone can use readily available art, affordable models, or make thier own like me. That's gonna cost a lot for players that want variety (in edition to the regular licensing costs all VTTs must deal with).

I think it is too far past the line between VTT and video game. It would be good for TT skirmish games though. For RPGS I still feel FG hits the sweet spot with the right balance of automated assistance to your imagination.
    Check out my art albums on FG!
    I own an Ultimate License, all WOTC D&D stuffs, and the SW rules.

Sounds like Vis is marketing. Only one post and it's an advert.
    Interesting, but difficult to stock with assets.

Reminded me of Tabletop Connect. One of many reasons I use Fantasy Grounds.

The filter Talespire used just has a really good look to it.

Sorry to disappoint but I am not advertising. Simply sharing.

If this is the wrong community to share a similar project to that of Tabletop Connect please let me know.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Sounds like Vis is marketing. Only one post and it's an advert.
    Interesting, but difficult to stock with assets.
    Ya, he made an account and posted that right away. lame. I agree that the asset issue makes it pretty much a non-starter. They'd do good to get out of dungeon business and work on overland for skirmish games.

I have been a member since 2014.

Vid forgive us please. Welcome to the forums and thank you for apprising us of your find

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vis View Post
    I have been a member since 2014.
    I stand corrected, but I did honestly believe that I saw your start date as today.. weird.. but sorry...

From what I have seen of this community, I think they are fine discussing other systems. (unlike the roll20 authoritarians). They are just that confident the FG is the premium format for VTT.

That all being said, it is FG turf, so expect people to respond in kind though! lol

(and, honestly, thanks for sharing)

No worries all. We don't mind when our users our a little protective of us, but we try to be open to everyone.

This new KS already made the rounds internally, as we try to keep an eye on all the new software people attempt in this space. Some of the potential solutions look so cool, I would just like to be proven wrong about how limited I think their success will be. We used to see 3-4 new ones every year at Gencon, and some that linger (or still linger) for years. I think that the biggest thing that new solutions go for is the "flashy" graphical parts without figuring out how to make it cheap enough for their target demographic (especially 3D tabletops), nor realizing that their proposed solutions aren't scalable past a prototype (for those that attempt more than graphics).

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Vid forgive us please. Welcome to the forums and thank you for apprising us of your find
    Thank you

Thread Information