5E Character Create Playlist

Adjust initial chat location

Hello all!

I've looked through the forums a bit and haven't found anything, is there any way to adjust the initial chatbox location, or initial location of other objects?
    I've read through the introductory extension tutorials and didn't see anything relevant to the chatbox specifically.

Thank you for the assist.

Hi cutter welcome to FG and to the community.

if you right click on the chat box you can select unlock and can then move and resize it if you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi cutter welcome to FG and to the community.

if you right click on the chat box you can select unlock and can then move and resize it if you want.
    I'm aware, but thank you for responding. I'm looking for a way to change it (possibly with an extension). If I can get the reference name for the actual chat box I could probably work out the rest of the xml.

I think Cutter is referring to the DEFAULT location that the chat window opens up to.

Whenever I connect to a session I have to resize the chat window every time and move the dice tower. It seems to save the size and placement over other windows, just not the chatbox or dice tower. It would definitely be awesome if there was a way to modify the size/location of where the chat windows appears so that I didn't have to adjust it every time.

Welcome cutter21 and Dracius.

The initial location and size of the chat window is stored in the "chat" panel in CoreRPG desktop\desktop_panels.xml.

Info on modifying FG rulesets here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...oreRPG-ruleset
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!

PS. Do you know if this will be added as a feature later on so that it saves the chat window + dice tower placement?

Eventually, we'll look at something like this. However, it requires new functionality that needs to be built from scratch vs. the top-level windows which are easier.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information