DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 15 First 123412 ... Last
    Hi Moon Wizard,

I want to report a problem: I've loaded two Savage Worlds campaigns after the update v 3.2.1, I can't see Notes appearing in the Notes window. The Notes sidebar button is there and works fine--it brings up the Notes window--it's just that that window is blank, showing no entries. It happened even without any extensions (at all) loaded. Checking my db.xml file, the data seems to be there still--it's just not showing up. At least one other player reports this problem on the thread I started here:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ter-3-2-update

Mind taking a look? Thanks in advance.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Just pushed hot fix for Savage Worlds that should address. Please update, and make sure your notes are available again.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just pushed hot fix for Savage Worlds that should address. Please update, and make sure your notes are available again.

Thanks,
    JPG
    That fixed it for me--wow, quick service! Thanks so much!

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

This is from 3.2.0, but since that is not the current version, I'll put this here.

[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Attack critical state tracking added for untargeted attack and damage rolls.
    Ran a game last night and found this highly annoying. I don't utilize targeting in my game and have critical confirm turned off. FG kept rolling critical damage automatically every time they made an attack roll (untargeted) that rolled a critical threat (PF ruleset, though I assume the same for a nat 20 in the 5e ruleset).

Can we get an option to turn this off as a GM? (In the PF ruleset, if I'm not rolling a confirm roll, I don't think the ruleset should be assuming a successful crit anyway.)
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    In the PF ruleset, if I'm not rolling a confirm roll, I don't think the ruleset should be assuming a successful crit anyway.
    Turning off critical confirmation assumes that you always crit on a 20, you don't roll to confirm. It is not disabling critical hits, it is making them more likely.

Can we get an option to turn this off as a GM?
    I agree, that would be nice.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is to support the variety of ways people use FG, and it came up during the beta process. I can't turn it off any time the crit confirm is disabled, because that flag was added specifically to support automatic criticals on a natural 20 (or within crit range and a hit). This came up even before the v3.2.0 beta.

Are you basically saying that you do not have any criticals at all in your game?

JPG

I'm saying that I do not have targeting in my game. If someone rolls a critical threat against a creature immune to crits, they just roll damage (which is currently automatically critical damage). I'd just like to have control over when my game decides to change the damage my players are rolling.

I'm not asking for it to be tied to the critical confirm option. I'm asking for a separate option to turn the critical automation off altogether. FG never knows for sure when a damage roll should be critical damage and I don't feel like putting an effect on a CT entry and forcing my players to target it any time the enemy is immune to criticals or has fortification or an item that prevents critical damage (unless fortification is actually going to be part of the 3.5e/PF ruleset soon).

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Turning off critical confirmation assumes that you always crit on a 20, you don't roll to confirm. It is not disabling critical hits, it is making them more likely.
    I see; not what I would expect from disabling automation and definitely not following Pathfinder rules.

Also, I turned the confirmation rolls back on hoping that the automated roll against nothing (no target) would prevent the critical flag from occurring, since FG has no AC to compare the confirm roll against. Instead, it treats all confirm rolls as successes, meaning that even with the critical confirmation, you always crit when rolling in the crit range. So no, you are not more likely to crit with the automation turned off. FG forces the crit regardless. Exactly what was trying to be achieved in the automation of criticals with no targets? Without an opposing AC, how is this automation supposed to work?

I see; not what I would expect from disabling automation and definitely not following Pathfinder rules.
    1) It's not Pathfinder rules, correct. But that's why the option is under "House Rules".
    2) It's not "disabling automation". It's disabling the critical confirm, two different things. Critical automation is still there (roll equal or above your crit chance to do double damage).

You expected something different from "Critical Confirm = Off" I know, you wanted it to disable criticals entirely. But that is not what it does and it is not what the wording of this "house rule" actually describes - it turns critical confirmations off, or turns it off just for PCs. It doesn't turn double-damage-on-a-critical off at all. If it was called "Critical Damage = Off" then I'd understand where you're coming from, but it's not!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Have you tried applying the "IMMUNE: critical" effect? This will ignore any critical damage. In PFRPG, this is automatically applied for creatures with a type of "Elemental", "Ooze", "Aeon" or "Swarm".

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information