DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread: Map Tiles

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    To make it easy to distinguish between doors and windows, you might make windows "hollow" on the inside. i.e. continue the wall edge and make a transparent/light/open in the middle. That way doors show the regular wall getting narrow (like above) and the window keeps the wall profile, but indicates it on the inside. Don't know what you had in mind, and wish I could show it artistically...
    That is pretty much what I already do with the map tiles that have a "window" in the wall. I keep the wall the same thickness but show the "shelf" of the window space as if the wall has been chopped in half through the window.

Oh, and looks good!
    Thank-you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    My compliments on your logo, too!
    Thank-you! I don't get much time these days to draw those fuzzies anymore... want to get back into doing comic art, one day.
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Time for another sample image of the new Sci-fi map tiles set I am working on. This time a little set of apartments on a dirt road (note: the dirt road and grass tiles are from the Dungeon Map Tiles III set and the furniture is from the Modern Day Furniture Tokens pack).

Time for another sample map. Once again this map has been made with the Science Fiction Map Tiles I am working on, this map displays the expanded floor texture (a simple version) along with new windows and doors.

Just posted a little pack to my own web store: Limestone Wall Map Tiles. This is a little pack of walls I have experimented with the idea of just making wall overlays instead of having the wall as an integral part of each map tile.

Fine tuned the floor tiles and I think I have them the way I want them, along with a set of sets and a set of spiral steps too. Getting closer to being completed.

Blog Entries
    It took me a moment to figure out what the light blue on the floor was. But I like it now that I realize it's coming through the windows

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It took me a moment to figure out what the light blue on the floor was. But I like it now that I realize it's coming through the windows
    Yup, the blue light comes from the window.

Here is another sample of the Sci-fi Map Tiles at work, this time the building is on a street made with map tiles from my Modern Day Map Tiles set.

Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; January 26th, 2017 at 02:14.

Blog Entries
    Looking so awesome! Every update gets better on an already excellent set!

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyFan View Post
    Looking so awesome! Every update gets better on an already excellent set!
    Thank-you. There are more map tiles in the works. Plus with MapForge being successful over at Kickstarter plus another one soon to go onto Kickstarter (its secret so I can't say who's it is yet). The tools for making maps is about to expand. So I'll be busy making more map tiles.

I'm keen to know how good the new configuration is, having the walls as seperate PNG's to the floors. In my own work it makes them easy to use, but I wounder how my loyal minions are doing with this configuration.

I think they are a better option myself, plus you can easily mix and match the sets using the floors.
    Do you have plans on doing this to the older sets?
    And what are the new ones your working on?

Thread Information