DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 10 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Map Tiles

Here is the first floor of the wizards tower with the roof of the ground floor showing.

Attachment 17082
    Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Blog Entries
    Fancy pants stairs!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Fancy pants stairs!
    Oi, who you calling fancy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailz Silver Paws View Post
    Oi, who you calling fancy!
    Your bouffant, my beard.... hmmm...

Very impressive, Tailz!

Quote Originally Posted by Tailz Silver Paws View Post
    Plus this is a little shameless personal advertising of my new Patreon page.
    I support a few artists on Patreon, so I'm familiar with how most Patreon sites work. I'd love to support you, but I'm struggling to see what advantages there are to me supporting you? For example, the wording of the Rewards makes it sound like the $2 reward gets access to your blog and a bunch of samples that you're playing around with. Will any of this be usable in game, or am I just really seeing what you're playing with?

Sorry, it's just not obvious from the site, and reward description, what we're getting in return for our support. This might be part of the reason that after nearly three weeks you don't have any patrons? Please don't take this as being aggro, I'd really like to support you but I see Patreon as a two-way street and I'm struggling to see the advantages to me giving you regular monthly support.

As an example, take the excellent maps that Ross McConnell of 2-Minute Table Top creates and partly fund through his Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/2minutetabletop There are clear rewards descriptions and patrons know what they're going to get in return.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Your bouffant, my beard.... hmmm...
    Beard? looks more like tentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Very impressive, Tailz!
    Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I support a few artists on Patreon, so I'm familiar with how most Patreon sites work. I'd love to support you, but I'm struggling to see what advantages there are to me supporting you? For example, the wording of the Rewards makes it sound like the $2 reward gets access to your blog and a bunch of samples that you're playing around with. Will any of this be usable in game, or am I just really seeing what you're playing with?
    I made the page a few weeks ago and then left on a short week long holiday to visit the folks for Saturnalia. So I would be very amazed if I did have any patrons now. I've been putting material up to give the page and the post log substance... but I'm still trying to figure out how to really use Patreon to the best advantage. What kind of rewards to setup on Patreon vs the wide variety of stuff I plan to create. I was not sure if I wanted to do the monthly patron system or the "by thing" patron system. In a way I would not mind doing both.

I see the "by thing" patron system the same way I see systems such as Kickstarter, a method of pre-purchase of a product/service you are interested about. That could work with some token packs and adventure packs, but I think it could result in too much fussing around. Or be unworkable if I get more involved with "in game" purchase systems such as Fantasy Grounds modules, etc. It would be hard to pre-purchase a module via Patreon/kickstarter when the sales mechanism is out of my control.

This is not a problem for my packs sold on RPGnow.com where I can create discounts or coupons.

But I don't want to just do pre-purchase, I want my followers/fans/minions to get involved and feel like they are contributing. That is why I switched to the monthly patron system with the main aim of that being the creation of the Play-tester reward level. During each month via Patreon I'll release everything (development material) I'm working on during the month in the form of material accessible via a Dropbox link (plus password) which will be available to Play-tester subscribers for a period of 30 days (thus the monthly subscription and so I don't go over my Dropbox disc space). So as a Play-tester patron you will get whatever I am working on, and ultimately you will be able to give feedback via Patreon on each project. Maybe something looks a bit wonky, you want to see more of something, etc - and ultimately you will get the finished version too.

For example, I'm currently re-developing all of my Compass Points into Fantasy Grounds Modules and Print on Demand books. The development module files for The Cult of the Iron Mask and the Gnome Crystal Mine are currently up and on Patreon. Soon I'll be putting up the Folly of Silenus. When I begin the print on demand book versions I'll release the book files as PDF's and may do a special discount coupon for Play-testers only as I'll be using the RPGnow.com print on demand system to release the books (I might also print some special edition hard copy versions for myself and as a limited edition, but have to wait and see).

Later today I'll be posting the Photoshop PSD file for the full Wizards Tower maps to the Play-tester group, along with some experimental map tiles that might go into Dungeon Map Tiles III as a pack update.

So at the moment, the Play-tester reward level is the only reward level that I am really committed too... the rest are a work in progress.

Sorry, it's just not obvious from the site, and reward description, what we're getting in return for our support.
    Nothing to be sorry about. The wording needs a fair bit of work, I totally agree with you.

This might be part of the reason that after nearly three weeks you don't have any patrons?
    To be honest I didn't expect to really have any patrons just yet. I've really only just turned the Patreon page on, plus I am still working out what to do. Plus it is Christmas and I expect everyone is off doing family things (I was).

Also there is the empty party room syndrome to overcome... No one wants to be the only person at the party, if they see other people at the party they will want to join in, but if they don't see anyone else enjoying the party they will be less inclined to join in. It is an old marketing ploy to populate a party with party-goers before you invite anyone join in. Even Patreon has a tutorial that recommends populating your patron listing with family members before launching. I have not done that... yet, and may not do that. I've always relied on organic interest in my products and services to see me though, rather than the creation of fake followers to entice real followers (the same way people buy followers on Twitter).

Please don't take this as being aggro, I'd really like to support you but I see Patreon as a two-way street and I'm struggling to see the advantages to me giving you regular monthly support.
    I want to use Patreon as a two way street, which is why I like the idea of a Play-tester group reward. You get development material which lets you see how I build stuff, plus you get you give feedback and help point me in interesting and new directions (or stop me from breaking something). I think this way I get funding, and you get good value. I've set the monthly reward value at $10 a month, if you were to buy from RPGnow.com what I have released so far - you would be paying $13ish dollars. While I suspect in future months the value will go up.

As an example, take the excellent maps that Ross McConnell of 2-Minute Table Top creates and partly fund through his Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/2minutetabletop There are clear rewards descriptions and patrons know what they're going to get in return.
    I like the coupon code idea Ross McConnell has for his lower tier rewards, and his descriptions of his reward tiers is clear. I think he has the advantage that he generally has one product line in mind: maps. While I'm sort of all over the place. Maps this week, tokens next week, a comic sketch on the weekend, a mini-adventure next month, etc, etc.

Spent my weekend working on some new map tiles, this time I'm building a sci-fi map tiles set. I've got most of the Wall overlay tiles completed, need to work on the floors and other features like windows.

Blog Entries
    To make it easy to distinguish between doors and windows, you might make windows "hollow" on the inside. i.e. continue the wall edge and make a transparent/light/open in the middle. That way doors show the regular wall getting narrow (like above) and the window keeps the wall profile, but indicates it on the inside. Don't know what you had in mind, and wish I could show it artistically...

Oh, and looks good!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

My compliments on your logo, too!

Thread Information