STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8910

Thread: Map Tiles

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Nice
    Please make sure to let us know when their are available for FG. I'll pick them up!
    I have just completed converting pretty much all of my Map Tiles packs over to Fantasy Grounds art asset Modules and just posted them all to the Fantasy Grounds Forge.

This also includes the brand new Catacombs Map Tiles pack!

Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Hello everyone, it has been a while but I have a new package of map tiles out! I have just released the package of art assets into the Fantasy Grounds Forge marketplace.

The Dungeon Map Tiles VI package of adventure map building assets. With this pack, you can build new dungeons and underground lairs, plus overland wilderness maps with water features such as a sandy river bank and a stone or wooden bridge.

Keep an eye on the Studio WyldFurr Youtube Channel as I'll do a Livestream with the map tiles package soon.

Do any of these have line of sight baked in?

Hello everyone!

I have just uploaded an update to the original Dungeon Map Tiles package of art assets. This update adds in some Grass edge tiles that you can use to create an overlapping grass edge over other ground textures. Plus I have added some black and white fades to use with ascending or descending levels on staircases. Plus as mentioned below, the LOS data has been taken out. I have just done a little Livestream on YouTube to demonstrate the new elements in Fantasy Grounds.

Let me know what you think...

Quote Originally Posted by debergerac88 View Post
    Do any of these have line of sight baked in?
    Unfortunately no, I found that the LOS didn't seem to work too well with the map tiles. This is because the map tiles are - I think - far too small, as the bulk of the tiles is a single grid square. So you get a lot of "light poke through" at the edge of each grid square where the edges of each tile's own LOS data would meet (at least I did in my tests). So I have actually just taken the LOS data out of the original Dungeon Map Tiles pack. Also because of the granular nature of building an adventure map with map tiles, I think adding in your own LOS ends up with a far better and cleaner result.

Pre-set LOS, I think, works best with ready-made rooms, instead of the assets I provide. Its a bit of a trade-off, a lot more control in the design of your rooms, but lacking the pre-built features.

I have a brand new pack of map-building art assets out in the Fantasy Grounds Forge! This pack of assets expands the range of assets you can use to build the locations between dungeons, with an expansion of the original grass map tiles assets, plus new features such as Fae Grove walls, creeks and brooks, trees and bushes, and road-building assets.

Want to know more about the pack? Check out the project page for the Wilderness Map Tiles pack or have a peek at me testing the pack in a YouTube live stream!
    Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; October 23rd, 2023 at 00:26.

Hello everyone, I've been working on some new Isometric Map Tiles and isometric props and objects, here is my latest asset test on YouTube: Testing Isometric Map Tiles - Volume 2 - Part 4.

https://youtu.be/QU4CzZ4La48

Let me know what you think of this new development.

Here is a sneak peek at building an isometric map in Fantasy Grounds with the new Volume 2 set of art assets:
    fantasy-grounds-isometric-map-build.jpg

Uuuh, nice! I really prefer isometric assets, looking forward to that

I have just done a little livestream build as well.... you can view it at:

https://youtu.be/Tk_QxrtSX6s

Thread Information