DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    Um, from an Accessibility standpoint this is a VERY bad move, Smiteworks.

The Core Sidebar extension was a life saver and eye saver for me, who is visually challenged. I could locate buttons by color first and do so rapidly, which equated to a lot less eyestrain and a lot easier use.

Thus continues a long history of having no or minimal support for those of us that need dark themes and an interface that is much more easily accessed by those of us with visual challenges.

A very good point. Too many times we overlook the issues of accessibility. I also find the new text buttons too small. I realise I might be in the minority using a 4k monitor, but some of these changes are a backward step IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearstone View Post

The Core Sidebar extension was a life saver and eye saver for me, who is visually challenged. I could locate buttons by color first and do so rapidly, which equated to a lot less eyestrain and a lot easier use.

Thus continues a long history of having no or minimal support for those of us that need dark themes and an interface that is much more easily accessed by those of us with visual challenges.

This is exactly why I designed the extension in the first place. We had a player who couldn’t decipher the default buttons. I have to agree it’s a pretty disappointing move from an accessibility point of view.

"You're gonna need a bigger boat"

You were a godsend. Thank you so much for your efforts. You're a hero in my book.

With accessability and inclusiveness becoming more and more of a concern for the RPG community as a whole, I feel that moving away from it might be a bad choice.
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

I have not had much extra time to look into how the sidebar is now coded.
    But, being "just text" probably doesn't do it justice. I would guess (and it's just a guess) that the text is able to be styled. And, themes could address the hi-contrast/hi-visibility issues needed.

Sigh. I made the mistake of upgrading to try and fix a problem someone had with my Descent Into Avernus theme, and now I'm stuck without the lovely icon buttons! Is there anyway to back out a version? I'd rather keep the buttons and not upgrade from now until we finish our campaign.

Actually, I'd be interested in the whether you can roll back an upgrade, and if so how, also.
    I did a quick forum and google search but didn't find any related threads. I'm going to assume no but I just want to make sure.
    If anything, I'd just like to know for future upgrades that may nuke some existing mods/ ext that I may be currently using. I'd like to have a contingency plan to roll back until those devs have a chance to upgrade thier mods/ ext or to find another solution to what I'm already using.
    Never make fun of a person before walking a mile in their shoes... that way, when you do make fun of them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Nevermind. It never fails. I can spend time searching for something and not find an answer. But as soon as I post the question on the forum. Then very next thing I find is the solution.
    So apparently you can roll back. Trenloe posted the solution on the thread linked below. Just look for his response.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ity-Unplayable
    Never make fun of a person before walking a mile in their shoes... that way, when you do make fun of them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedCon-One View Post
    Nevermind. It never fails. I can spend time searching for something and not find an answer. But as soon as I post the question on the forum. Then very next thing I find is the solution.
    So apparently you can roll back. Trenloe posted the solution on the thread linked below. Just look for his response.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ity-Unplayable
    Well that works for Unity, but the Settings dialog for Classic doesn't have this.

Thread Information