FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 10 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Just a question, has this been discontinued? I ask because the downloaded ext is empty. Or at least when I open it, windows says it is empty and will not open it up ( as a zip )

Quote Originally Posted by GaryMon View Post
    Just a question, has this been discontinued? I ask because the downloaded ext is empty. Or at least when I open it, windows says it is empty and will not open it up ( as a zip )
    Just checked. It's not empty. Looks fine.
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Thanks for the reply, I have downloaded it several times. Windows says it is invalid zip file when I change the ext to zip and try to unzip it. No biggie, was just gonna look at it but I went ahead and made my own.

So in my attempt to add more visually appealing extensions... I found this amazing one.
    But... I'm using FGC and I cannot get it to load. It doesn't even show up in my options to load at the start.
    Image below
    https://imgur.com/wxBvKNv

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by jhilahd View Post
    So in my attempt to add more visually appealing extensions... I found this amazing one.
    But... I'm using FGC and I cannot get it to load. It doesn't even show up in my options to load at the start.
    Image below
    https://imgur.com/wxBvKNv

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?
    I just tried to help someone in the FG discord, and that person had also the problem that it can't be loaded in FGC anymore I tried to open the extension but I always get the message that it is empty; seemingly, it got zipped up wrongly

So, same problem as GaryMon; @4Wire, the reason why you might see it depends on how it got zipped up, you may have a similar zipping programme maybe? For FG being able to read the ext it is important that only the native Windows zipping is used (not Winrar for example)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 25th, 2020 at 15:09.

Yeah, that was me Kelrugem.

I can get the extension to work with every other ruleset but 5e.
    I've cleared out my extensions to just the bare minimum and it still doesn't show up.
    Not sure what to do at this point. Not a deal breaker, just love the art and the way the bars show up so much nicer than the default.

Yeah, that was me Kelrugem.

I can get the extension to work with every other ruleset but 5e.
    I've cleared out my extensions to just the bare minimum and it still doesn't show up.
    Not sure what to do at this point. Not a deal breaker, just love the art and the way the bars show up so much nicer than the default.
    Try forcing the ruleset to 5E as I did there: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post499860
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Well, ok... that worked. Forcing the 5e to 5E solved it.
    Thank you for the help. I was all intimidated about messing with the *.ext files and then even the *.xml after I had a conflict with an add-on and a purchased mod.
    Whew.

Thanks again!

Well, ok... that worked. Forcing the 5e to 5E solved it.
    Thank you for the help. I was all intimidated about messing with the *.ext files and then even the *.xml after I had a conflict with an add-on and a purchased mod.
    Whew.

Thanks again!
    ah, so you were able to open it? Good For me it is still empty Normally, "Any" should work, but that it doesn't work could be related to how it got zipped, but just assuming stuff It is certainly strange that it is empty for some users

You can also keep the any and add 5E separately, just in case you also want to use it in the other rulesets, too

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ah, so you were able to open it? Good For me it is still empty Normally, "Any" should work, but that it doesn't work could be related to how it got zipped, but just assuming stuff It is certainly strange that it is empty for some users

You can also keep the any and add 5E separately, just in case you also want to use it in the other rulesets, too
    Your problem really puzzles me. A zip is a zip. I opened the extension, freshly downloaded and it worked on a different PC. I think you are missing something. What zip tool are you using? I always use 7zip but again, all zips use the same algorithm. You seem to be computer literate so I don't want to insult you. What I do is this: download from first page, in download folder I right click, 7zip -> open archive (or extract).

The zip algorithm is defined in the file header so 7zip will auto-detect and do the right thing.

DMs Guild Creator

Thread Information