5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last

Core Sidebar Buttons for 5e

Moderator: No longer compatible with Classic or Unity so extension is retired

One of my players complained he couldn't make out the sidebar buttons very well on the 5e themes that are out there. While the Wizards theme has much more legible buttons, the rest of it is a bit... bland.

Anyway, thanks to inspiration from Nickademus (his ColoredSidebar.ext is still too hard to read for my player) and damned for pointing me in the direction of how to modify an .ext, I took the Core sidebar buttons which have great colour and contrast & made up the extra missing buttons in the same style so they can be used in 5e. I also darkened the top buttons (CT, light etc.).

I'm pretty sure I've got everything as it needs to be & it works fine on my copy of FG. Hope others find it as useful as my player with bad eyesight!

{edit} File updated to v1.1: 21/5/20

MOD: See this post for file that is correctly zipped; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post511873
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; February 17th, 2021 at 10:51.

Good work.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Nice work! any chance of a screenshot to see what they look like?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can you add it to the 5e extensions sticky please Trenloe, since I STILL can't edit that freeking post for whatever absurd reason
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

To be honest, the purpose of my extension wasn't to make the words easier to read, but rather to make the buttons colored so you didn't have to read them.

I'm curious why you used the Core buttons for this though. The 3.5e ruleset has all the buttons for 5e except the Backgrounds one.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

I'm away this weekend but I'll put up a screenshot when I get back Monday if no-one has done so by then. Basically it's identical to the Core (& 3.5 apparently!) set, it just has all the buttons for 5e.

I never even thought of looking at the 3.5 set Nickademus! I've only ever used the Core & 5e. Not to worry, it's done now & didn't take that long in any case. I meant no disrespect to your set, they looked a-ok, but as I say I have a player who struggles with contrast so needed something that popped a bit more that's all & the core set was ideal.

I added a screenshot to the first post.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I'll try this out and let you know what my players and I think

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazC View Post
    I never even thought of looking at the 3.5 set Nickademus! I've only ever used the Core & 5e. Not to worry, it's done now & didn't take that long in any case. I meant no disrespect to your set, they looked a-ok, but as I say I have a player who struggles with contrast so needed something that popped a bit more that's all & the core set was ideal.
    No disrespect perceived. The buttons I made aren't that great, being just colored versions of the hard-to-read 5e buttons. I only did it because someone asked for it. Though now that you point it out, I would prefer the 3.5e/PF buttons in my 5e ruleset instead. I'm not that fond of the 5e leather look or the current themes. Thanks for the idea.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    No disrespect perceived. The buttons I made aren't that great, being just colored versions of the hard-to-read 5e buttons. I only did it because someone asked for it. Though now that you point it out, I would prefer the 3.5e/PF buttons in my 5e ruleset instead. I'm not that fond of the 5e leather look or the current themes. Thanks for the idea.
    Yeah, I've found the 5e sets 'as-is' are just not quite right for my (or my players) tastes. I'm now using a mash-up of the More5eFun.ext with it's parchment style background but with the original 5e dice tower and now my sidebar set! The good thing about FG is that it lets you do all the mods and ext's in the first place and mix them all up (once you know how to do it obviously!) as you see fit - brilliant.

Thread Information