STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Parsing die rolls

Hello.
    I recently bought the Savage Worlds rules set and I thought I had a handle on how Fantasy Grounds displays stuff but now I can't find see what I thought I knew before. I don't know if it's because of the 3.20 update or just because I'm an idiot but how do I tell what the individual dice have rolled when making a roll?
    I could have sworn there used to be something I could click from the radial menu to see what the individual die rolls were, was it there or am I going completely mad?

You drop the die on the chat frame if you want them "recorded" and totalled.

Tim

Sorry? I don't understand.
    I am rolling from character sheet and want to know what the trait die and wild die individual totals are, is/was that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstickman View Post
    Sorry? I don't understand.
    I am rolling from character sheet and want to know what the trait die and wild die individual totals are, is/was that possible?
    Not out-of-the-box. What is the use case where you need to know both rolls? In the most cases you just need to know which rolled higher
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Every case where multiple dice are rolled when attached to a single roll (machine guns or the like), or when something like the Jinx Superpower is being used (and it's just not practical to change every skill being used against the target to a "show me a 2 on the trait die" every time).

You can change the "fumble" number for attack rolls - right click on the attack icon, and select the "fumble range" menu option - this will allow you to set it to 1, 2 or 3.

Then the chat window will inform you whenever the trait roll was a natural 1, 1-2 or 1-3, depending on the fumble value.

This is mostly used for Shotguns (which can hit innocent bystanders on a 1 or 2, I believe) but might also cover what you are trying to do here too ?

Yep, completely get that Phantom Whale. But it's not practical to do that with every single skill against a single character and not other character you are facing in that battle.

Also, it's not always about fumbling. If I am shooting 3 targets, Andre, Bob and Carole with a RoF3 Tommy Gun and my roll is 6, 9, 2 WD 8, then perhaps I don't want to replace my 2 with an 8, perhaps I want to make sure Andre goes down and make the 6 into an 8 for a raise on damage. As it currently stands in Fantasy Grounds I would not even have this option, it would automatically replace the 2 with the 8, and I would have no idea what the trait die rolled.

If you two (especially you two hard working people) are telling me it's not currently possible then I must have dreamt it being possible before! How do I go about putting in a feature request for this functionality?
    Last edited by Matchstickman; November 11th, 2016 at 04:07. Reason: Clarification and spelling

Blog Entries
    Grab your Shooting/Spellcasting die & wild die combo but don't toss them. While holding them, right click to add additional skill or attribute dice.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Nj...bwYNCizY3DAOIa
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

I know how to generate multiple dice for shooting rolls etc. What I don't know, and am rapidly coming to understand is not possible in Fantasy Grounds at present, is how to see the results of those die rolls individually, without them being reordered or replaced by the wild die.

Blog Entries
    I just don't blink when I roll lol
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Ok, I understand the issues a little better now (sorry, removed my original post only seconds after posting it, as I realised you were talking about someone who adjusts the fumble range of everyone shooting AT them)

How do you think this should work? Top of my head, we could add an option in the ever-growing options menu to "do not combine dice results" - but I would have thought 98% of the time, you would still want this.

For the RoF 3 example, for some reason I thought you got to pick your targets after the rolls (hence you always want the three highest rolls) but maybe I'm wrong on that - haven't savage'd for a while now.

In general, how do you think this would best be implemented?
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

Thread Information