STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    In the prototype I worked on for FGU, the system will have an option to show a die roll that wasn't included in the total as a grey die icon, which is great for reroll mechanics or dropped dice (like this).

For the current version, I placed the reroll details in the text of the chat message, so that the complete roll information was available, even though there are no icons displayed the dropped dice information.

Regards,
    JPG

I could have sworn that I created similar extension some time (1-2 years) ago but could not find it. Anyways, here is new version of the idea. Maybe you can find this useful until better/official support is added
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by phantomwhale View Post
    How do you think this should work? Top of my head, we could add an option in the ever-growing options menu to "do not combine dice results" - but I would have thought 98% of the time, you would still want this.
    I agree that for most rolls you'd want to show the actual total you're using, and that showing both by default would be confusing to people who are just learning SW (Why is my total 5? I have rolled a 2 and a 5). As you say, there's a huge number of options in the menu, and sticking it in there might be counter-productive.

For the RoF 3 example, for some reason I thought you got to pick your targets after the rolls (hence you always want the three highest rolls) but maybe I'm wrong on that - haven't savage'd for a while now.
    Nah, you pick before you roll. Off the top of my head I can't think of a system where you roll and then pick who you hit based on what you rolled, you'd practically never miss!

In general, how do you think this would best be implemented?
    I'm not certain.
    Ideally I guess I would add it as a radial item when you click on the results of the roll, like you can double or halve the results, but I have no practical experience as to how difficult that would be to code.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    I could have sworn that I created similar extension some time (1-2 years) ago but could not find it. Anyways, here is new version of the idea. Maybe you can find this useful until better/official support is added
    However this is also a very elegant solution, thanks Ikael!

Blog Entries
    Actually, hate to be that guy but under Automatic fire in the Savage Worlds Deluxe it says:
    "To attack with a full-auto weapon, roll a number of Shootingdice equal to the weapon’s Rate of Fire. Compare each die
    separately to the Target Number to see if it hit. If the weapon
    has a RoF of 3, for example, a Wild Card rolls three Shooting
    dice plus a Wild Die and uses the best three results."
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    Actually, hate to be that guy
    I hate to that guy your that guy but...

"If some of all of the shots miss or even if the all the shots hit but the Wild Die gets a better result, the player can choose to use the result of the Wild Die instead of one of the Trait die result. Any one of the attacks, their choice."
    So sayeth Clint, rules guru.
    Here

Blog Entries
    Still means you pick the best three results
    Anyway, not here to argue. Hope you enjoy the extension that Ikael provided.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

I'm just going to leave this here: https://www.pegforum.com/viewtopic.p...damage#p434963

In short, you MUST keep the best rolls. In the example Matchstick provided with the rolls 6, 9, 2 WD 8, the player must keep 6, 9, and 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    I try to use it in DLR with no success.
    Rolls are not splitted.
    Any hint on how to investigate?

In the meanwhile here is one solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Njm78--6c
    I'd be curious to know how other users resolve the Autofire rule.

Technically I've done it wrongly but it keeps it Fast and Furious and Fun, roll the dice assign the hits between the nominated targets.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information