DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiating Gnome View Post
    So, I'm probably screwing something up, but I am having problems with the items in the new version (Savage Worlds Delux v4.3.1 for FG; Science Fiction Companion, Core RPG ruleset v 3.2.1 for FG)

For my savage Star Wars game I had created a lot of custom items. This was so that i could have things like Light Sabers to just drop on a character or NPC, etc.

When I try to create a new item, however, it does not let me make that item a weapon of any kind. A new item only has five available fields:
    Non-ID Name
    Notes
    Cost
    Weight
    And an unlabeled field for a longer description, I presume.

If I take an item that is a weapon from another source -- lets say I've opened the blaster pistol entry up and I drop it's dot into the Items window to create a duplicate I can edit -- the duplicate shows up, but all of the other fields are gone. So the pistol has become a simple item again.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?
    To create weapon you must enable edit mode in items list (brown / icon) then you will see buttons to create armor, weapon or item. You cannot create wespon with right click menu.

Copying weapon sounds like a bug, it should become weapon entry instead of regular item
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    To create weapon you must enable edit mode in items list (brown / icon) then you will see buttons to create armor, weapon or item. You cannot create wespon with right click menu.

Copying weapon sounds like a bug, it should become weapon entry instead of regular item
    Thanks, I got that far -- but now when I try to drag the icon into the item window to save it in the right folder all that saves is the item information, no weapon information. I can save the weapon into a story window, or onto an NPC's sheet, but not into the item tool.

To avoid these quirks, my recommendation is to download and use SW Enhanced Library extension to create gearlist for your game. With that tool you can create gear/weapon into library modules and it doesn't have those quirks/bugs.

You can find the extension from my signature
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thread Information