DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Science Fiction Companion Weapons listings

I bought this companion the other day and noticed some of the weapons don't have a descriptive name. For example, there are like six weapons that just say "pistol". It doesn't say laser pistol, gyrojet pistol, etc... How does one go about reporting problems like this so they can be fixed?

I'm dying to get a nice, futuristic theme for Savage Worlds too. I can't run the scifi adventure I'm planning on that rustic looking default theme! lol

You should be able to edit the weapons. I don't have this companion but you can certainly do this in other versions of the ruleset.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately that's also how the items are listed in the book and PDF. Notice in the big fugly list, they're separated by categories. If you click the Items button on the sidebar, though, they are all grouped into the appropriate categories for searching there, too. In the screenshot here, I set the Items box to "Ranged" and "Blasters" so it shows me the appropriate Pistol under Blasters. Once you drag it onto your character though, feel free to name it Blaster Pistol.

Ahh... makes sense why it's like that now. I didn't notice they were listed in categories like that. Thanks!

The more I look at this companion the more I realize it was just poorly put together.... All of the vehicles, walkers and spaceships have links for their various modifications but they don't actually link to anything... just blank windows. The modifications can be found under Items so you can link them to any vehicle you create yourself but not to premade vehicles. Also, they have the same problem as the weapons. For example there are five mods called Stealth System so you have to open each one to try and figure out which type of vehicle it's for and then change the name after dragging it to your vehicle. Having those links work for the premade vehicles sure would come in handy for the GM and it would have been so easy to implement....

Quote Originally Posted by goodmanje View Post
    The more I look at this companion the more I realize it was just poorly put together....
    It was put together well for the data structure that Fantasy Grounds used at the time. But, as there is now a new structure (actually, additional structure is more accurate) it will need some updates. Please continue to provide details of where there are issues so the devs can look at providing an update. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Understood. I'm fairly new to FG so I probably should have stated that differently. It doesn't seem to make use of some of the existing features. Thanks!

Thanks for the report. This was a casualty of the migration to the new v3.2.0 features.

I just pushed a patch to v3.2.1 in the beta Test channel.

Regards,
    JPG

Awesome, thank you very much!

So, I'm probably screwing something up, but I am having problems with the items in the new version (Savage Worlds Delux v4.3.1 for FG; Science Fiction Companion, Core RPG ruleset v 3.2.1 for FG)

For my savage Star Wars game I had created a lot of custom items. This was so that i could have things like Light Sabers to just drop on a character or NPC, etc.

When I try to create a new item, however, it does not let me make that item a weapon of any kind. A new item only has five available fields:
    Non-ID Name
    Notes
    Cost
    Weight
    And an unlabeled field for a longer description, I presume.

If I take an item that is a weapon from another source -- lets say I've opened the blaster pistol entry up and I drop it's dot into the Items window to create a duplicate I can edit -- the duplicate shows up, but all of the other fields are gone. So the pistol has become a simple item again.

What am I missing? What am I doing wrong?

Thread Information