5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Think of these groups as the old coloured tabs. When running v3.1.7 you would have created a new tab and called it "Rise of the Runelords Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders", or renamed the original single tab.

Think of "None" as the unlabeled (usually) default tab that used to exist in v3.1.7.
    Ahhh... ok. That makes sense. I think I get it now.

But, in that case, the only way of knowing that it is 'local' (or Campaign) data is the lack of the 'edit' icon? (and, I guess that was also true in 3.1.7, right?)

Thanks!

- s.west

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's up to you. These are groups to help *you* organise data how *you* want it. Put it wherever you want.
    Well, yes, I certainly get that concept (as I did with the tabs). I was struggling with the co-existence of the "(None)" Group and the "Rise of the Runelords Chapter 2: The Skinsaw Murders" Group. But you have cleared that up for me now.

Thanks, again.

- s.west

p.s. So sorry to clutter up this thread with these questions. I know that this is not what the thread was for. My question just got out of hand...

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    But, in that case, the only way of knowing that it is 'local' (or Campaign) data is the lack of the 'edit' icon? (and, I guess that was also true in 3.1.7, right?)
    Yes and yes. And it's not an edit icon as such, it's a module icon - a book for an unedited module entry and a book with a quill for an edited module entry. See the icon explanations here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...aign_Data_List
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Updates

• [5E] When opening NPCs with the spellcasting trait, the campaign spell list will be checked by name as well as the official lookup.
    • [SW] Arcane background skill entries added for Fantasy Companion.
    • [CoreRPG+] Language decoded for all players, if any logged in PC understands the language. Fixed.
    • [SW] Missing cyberware and modification records from Science Fiction Companion and Interface Zero. Fixed.
    • [SW] Sci-Fi Companion and Interface Zero extensions used together would create two cyberware buttons. Fixed.

JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Updates

• [5E] When opening NPCs with the spellcasting trait, the campaign spell list will be checked by name as well as the official lookup.

Yeah! Wasn't sure you caught that in the other thread and knew about it since I hadn't posted it elsewhere. Thanks for this

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, I had to write new lookup code for spells by name, since the original code is based on Par5E tag lookups.

The really hard one was the language issue. I had to have 4 instances of FG on 3 computers to recreate that one.

Cheers,
    JPG

Updates

• [SW] Script errors when opening PC sheet with Pirates extension. Fixed.

JPG

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    In ver. 3.2.1 module - D&D Out of the Abyss create NPC group named: Monster Manual - Creatures
    not D&D Out of the Abyss. Can be hard identify which extension enable or disable this NPC creatures or from which one they originate ;o)

Quote Originally Posted by MarianDz View Post
    In ver. 3.2.1 module - D&D Out of the Abyss create NPC group named: Monster Manual - Creatures
    not D&D Out of the Abyss. Can be hard identify which extension enable or disable this NPC creatures or from which one they originate ;o)
    Indeed, the author of OotA did a fine job of separating out the various creatures into different tabs in versions prior to 3.2. I can see, however that the category for the Monsters in this module which original in the Monster Manual. However all is not lost; just rename the Monster Manual - Creatures group to OoTA MM Creatures or whatever else will help you distinguish the group.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    NPC monster can be Drag and Droped to any new created Group in my example I created group "aTEST"
    but when monster is first time "moved" then move and change complete its position. What results in missing from group which originate
    (in my tests and example this NPC will be missing from DD MM Monster Manual or any other modules.)

Example:
    I moved NPC Goblin through Drag n Drop directly to my new crated "aTEST" group.
    Original group DD MM Monster Manual stays completly without this monster. And in aTEST appears NPC Goblin without link
    on source module as obvious DD MM Monster Manual (from which I draw it).

Then after reverting changes for module (in my case it was meaned DD MM Monster Manual) it moved Goblin NPC back to original module and his positon in created group "aTEST" stays clean without this kind of monster (no Goblin NPC there).

But now when I do same thing, drag and drop same creature (NPC Goblin) to aTEST group it created again NPC Goblin but this time I can find same monster in DD MM Monster Manual group - original monster. No reverting changes needed. I have one goblin in DD MM Monster manual and new created NPC Goblin copy of this monster in my aTEST folder. Ready for my adventure ;o)

Now I do same thing with NPC Goblin Boss and it happened again. He miss me from DD MM Monster manual group and appear in my
    aTEST folder.

So remember first time when Drag and drop concrete creature from any module directly to new created group/folder it moved NPC and need reverting changes but second time it correctly create only copy of this monster on new place, and this monster stays in his folder from which originate too. I understand logic how it works because when user want create new copy of monster for his adventure group must drag and drop NPC creature in same module and only then this new created NPC move to new "aTEST" folder.
    But now dont know is it bug (which need protect first moving NPC out of current module position) or only simple new way how to manage NPCs.

REMEMBER - till we get answer from developers
    When monster is first time "moved" then move and change complete its position, so do it over same module (in window where you have all Monsters from same module - NOT ALL NPCs from all your active modules!!!) only then move copy to location you choose (new group).
    Last edited by MarianDz; November 12th, 2016 at 13:41.

Thread Information