DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 71 of 329 First ... 2161697071727381121171 ... Last

I did. I don't really understand what it did to be honest. It's just beyond me at this point. I also saw the changed labels for the Race/Gender stuff. But I don't know how to add additional fields or expand the size of the field (frame?) that it's in. I'm not even sure what to focus on learning to make it make sense. Is it learning XML?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    I did. I don't really understand what it did to be honest. It's just beyond me at this point. I also saw the changed labels for the Race/Gender stuff. But I don't know how to add additional fields or expand the size of the field (frame?) that it's in. I'm not even sure what to focus on learning to make it make sense. Is it learning XML?
    If you want to make further changes you are going to have to have a look at the files and work through them.
    Ive explained what the new extension does.
    Look at the file structure, the names of files, where they are linked...

Ultimately - depending on what you actually want to change - you need to understand that your table right now does this:

Loads CoreRPG - Loads MoreCore (which overwrites a few CoreRPG things and then adds a bunch more) - Loads MCSotDL extension (which overwrites a few CoreRPG/MoreCore things and then adds a couple more) - Loads MCTest extension (which overwrites a few MCSotDL and MoreCore things).

If this is new to you - dont expect to understand it straight away.
    Unpack the two extensions and MoreCore and make a few small edits and reload FG and see what happens.
    Ultimately you should not make changes in CoreRPG or MoreCore you should only change extensions otherwise your work will get overwritten when you load a new version.

Adding in more stuff is fine. You just need to make room for it.
    There are plenty of examples between the extension, MoreCore and CoreRPG.

It's new to me...and my brain is old hehe. Bad combo.

Blog Entries
    It's new to me...and my brain is old hehe. Bad combo.
    So just take it slow.
    Start with the extension - unzip it into Extensions folder so it looks like \fantasy grounds\extensions\mctest\
    Then start with Strings... change them to something useful rather than what I put in there.
    Then type /reload in the chat window and FG will reload and should use your changes.
    Then unpack MoreCore into \fantasy grounds\rulesets\MoreCore\ and see whether those string names are being used, change the length or order in which they display.
    Just do little things.
    Accept you will make mistakes.

Well I remain completely stumped on how to resize frames. Nothing I alter seems to change what I would expect. Am I barking up the wrong tree altering offsets in framedefs?

I did manage to change the button_link.png via an extension. Small victories.

Blog Entries
    All xml tags require an open and a close tag.
    In this case we are merging some changes into the windowclass called charsheet_more
    The attacks frame is called attackframe
    The first number is how many pixels from the left of the parent (charsheet_more) the new frame should start.
    The second number is how many pixels down it starts.
    Third is how long the frame is and fourth is how tall.
    If you use a negative number in position 3 or 4 then it anchors that to the right or bottom edges of the parent frame.

<windowclass name="charsheet_more" merge="join">
    <sheetdata>
    <frame_char name="attackframe">
    <bounds>15,45,320,170</bounds>
    </frame_char>
    </sheetdata>
    </windowclass>

You will see that frames on the right hand side of the page are probably anchored to the right hand edge and the bottom three frames anchored to the bottom.
    That is why when you drag the charsheet taller the bottom three frames expand.

Blog Entries
    Hi mozmonar would you export your character sheet(s) and upload the XML here so that others can see how you set yours up.
    Thanks.

Before, during, or after I have worked out how to change it to suit my needs?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi mozmonar would you export your character sheet(s) and upload the XML here so that others can see how you set yours up.
    Thanks.
    Before, during, or after I have worked out how to change it to suit my needs?
    Im more interested in the Export Character XML rather than teh extension XML at this time
    Its so other people see how you are setting up your rolls.

On the other XML - what is the next bit you are stuck on?

Thread Information