STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries
    In your extension.xml include this line:

Code:
        <script name="CustomDiceStunt" file="scripts/manager_custom_stunt.lua" />
    and point it to your custom version.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    everything on the desktop is probably in the desktop image and definition.
    desktop1.jpg
    Code:
    	<!-- Desktop background -->
    	<framedef name="desktop">
    		<bitmap file="graphics/frames/desktop1.jpg" />
    		<top rect="0,0,738,100" />
    		<middle rect="0,100,738,900" />
    		<bottom rect="0,1000,738,120" />
    	</framedef>
    For other images and frames same thing. use the same icon and frame names and you shoudl be ok.
    I think the GMW Theme Builder supports MoreCore but its not too hard anyway.

In your extension.xml include this line:

Code:
        <script name="CustomDiceStunt" file="scripts/manager_custom_stunt.lua" />
    and point it to your custom version.
    Terrific Feedback Damned - all of that worked. I'm making good progress.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kronovan View Post
    Terrific Feedback Damned - all of that worked. I'm making good progress.
    Great to hear. Love to see a screenshot when you are done.

Great to hear. Love to see a screenshot when you are done.
    I promise to post a cosmetic tour as soon as I'm done, but the final changes are proving to be a bit more of a challenge...

..I'm wondering where I would set the sidebar buttons for MoreCore? I want to change the dark brown and light brown buttons to dark red and salmon. I've found where the the button and button down settings are in the graphics_frame.xml file located in the \Graphics folder. So I created a button graphic with the same dimensions, but with the colors I want and saved them into my extension's \graphics\frames folder. When I set my extension.xml to load my new button PNG instead though, it doesn't work and the same button color as before is loaded.

I remember that about a year ago the Sidebar underwent dramatic changes. So...I'm wondering if the MoreCore sidebar button graphics and positions are actually being handled by the CoreRPG ruleset?

[Edit] This is the code I'm including in my extension.xml, with the graphic file change highlighted.

<framedef name="button_sidebar_dockitem">
    <bitmap file="graphics/frames/button_sidebar_red.png" />
    <offset>8,8,8,8</offset>
    </framedef>
    I think I've confirmed it's not MoreCore that's in control of the sidebar. I extracted the entire contents of MoreCore.pak to a subfolder of the exact same name under \ruleset. I then renamed the exiting button_sidebar.png in the \graphics\frames folder and copied my red button PNG in and renamed it to button_sidebar.png. Meanwhile, I commented out the above code from my extension.xml file. When I loaded up my campaign the sidebar button was the same, original brown color.

[Edit 2] OK, so I created a \graphics\sidebar subfolder for my extension and copied in my red button PNG. I then included these 2 sets of frame code from the CoreRPG graphics_sidebar.xml in my extension.xml; filename changes highlighted in red.

<framedef name="sidebar_dock_category">
    <bitmap file="graphics/sidebar/button_sidebar_red.png" />
    <offset>12,12,12,12</offset>
    </framedef>
    <framedef name="sidebar_dock_entry_icon">
    <bitmap file="graphics/sidebar/button_sidebar_red.png" />
    <offset>12,12,12,12</offset>
    </framedef>
    While the sidebar dock entry-button doesn't look exactly correct -no surprise as the original PNG's dimensions are different- that did indeed change the colors to dark red. I'm going to create some matching PNGs in my desired colors and play with this for a bit.

[Edit 3] Well I put my idea of creating my own PNGs' on hold, when I came across this text in the CoreRPG graphics_sidebar.xml file:

<!-- NOTE: Color must be set via DesktopManager.setDockCategoryIconColor function -->
    Meanwhile I noticed this code in the the CoreRPG manager_desktop.lua script file; various snippets:

wShortcuts.button_visibility_icon.setColor(Desktop Manager.getSidebarDockIconColor());
    Possibly more pertinent to what I want to do:

local _cDockCategoryIconColor = "A3A29D";
    local _cDockCategoryTextColor = "A3A29D";
    local _cDockIconColor = "272727";
    local _cDockTextColor = "272727";
    So my question is; will I have to enter my desired color values for these in order to achieve my sidebar customization?
    And is so, what the heck is "A3A29D" - that some kind of hexidecimal value for a RGB color?

I do see a whole listing of simple functions in manager_desktop.lua for getting and changing sidebar colors. Namely these:

function getSidebarDockCategoryIconColor()
    return _cDockCategoryIconColor;
    end
    function getSidebarDockCategoryTextColor()
    return _cDockCategoryTextColor;
    end
    function getSidebarDockIconColor()
    return _cDockIconColor;
    end
    function getSidebarDockTextColor()
    return _cDockTextColor;
    end
    function setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor(s)
    _cDockCategoryIconColor = s;
    end
    function setSidebarDockCategoryTextColor(s)
    _cDockCategoryTextColor = s;
    end
    function setSidebarDockIconColor(s)
    _cDockIconColor = s;
    end
    function setSidebarDockTextColor(s)
    _cDockTextColor = s;
    end
    I guess what I really want to know; do I need to bother with any of that if I want to change sidebar colors, or do I just need to continue with my initial idea of creating graphic images that are equivalent in dimension and file type, but the color I want?
    Last edited by kronovan; June 21st, 2022 at 23:33.

Blog Entries
    That is correct - there are no MoreCore sidebar buttons right now. It is using CoreRPG.

And also correct - your graphics should be white (I think) and then the theme will use a color tint to change the appearance/color.

You need a global script that goes something like this:

Code:
    function onInit()

DesktopManager.setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor("ff0000");
    	DesktopManager.setSidebarDockCategoryTextColor("ff0000");
    	DesktopManager.setSidebarDockIconColor("000000");
    	DesktopManager.setSidebarDockTextColor("000000");

end

That is correct - there are no MoreCore sidebar buttons right now. It is using CoreRPG.

And also correct - your graphics should be white (I think) and then the theme will use a color tint to change the appearance/color.

You need a global script that goes something like this:

Code:
    function onInit()

DesktopManager.setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor("ff0000");
    	DesktopManager.setSidebarDockCategoryTextColor("ff0000");
    	DesktopManager.setSidebarDockIconColor("000000");
    	DesktopManager.setSidebarDockTextColor("000000");

end
    Ok will try - thanks for the feedback.

On another note I want to change the Sidebar "Abilities" text to "Talents" and "Races" to "Backgrounds". Is there likely to be any issues doing that and does it just involve editing some string XML's?

Blog Entries
    Make a file
    strings_stunt.xml that looks something like this:

Code:
    <root>
    	<!-- Sidebar -->

<string name="sidebar_tooltip_mcability">Talents</string>
     	<string name="library_recordtype_label_pcrace">Backgrounds</string>

</root>

Make a file
    strings_stunt.xml that looks something like this:

Code:
    <root>
    	<!-- Sidebar -->

<string name="sidebar_tooltip_mcability">Talents</string>
     	<string name="library_recordtype_label_pcrace">Backgrounds</string>

</root>
    I created a strings_dage.xml file, added those 2 string lines and created an Include for that new XML in my extensions.xml file. That worked for the most part, although I found I actually needed this line to change the Sidebar's Abilities button to Talents :

<string name="library_recordtype_label_ability">Talents</string>

That sidebar_tooltip_mcability does make me wonder if there's more to do than just changing the sidebar button name?

I'm currently looking into changing the character sheets [Abilities] tab and the Abilities heading on that page to Talents, as well as changing the Race field title on the Notes tab/page to "Background."

[Edit] I have to admit; after drilling through so many XML files I lost count of them, I'm baffled as to the source for text labels on the Character sheet? I experimented with some of the <string_labeled values in record_char_notes.xml, hoping to change the RACE label to BACKGROUND, but got no where.

So I have to ask, where do I find the text that gets assigned to character sheet labels? And where would I find the source of the text that gets assigned for the Abilities tab?

[Edit] Never mind, I found them.

Turns out they were buried down in the CoreRPG ruleset too. Changing the Character Sheet's "RACE" to "BACKGROUND" and "Abilities" to "Talents" proved to be quite easy, as I just had to add 2 new lines in my strings_dage.xml file to change the 2 label strings' text. The [Abilities] tab on the other hand turned out to be a royal pain. I didn't have the slightest idea it would be a graphic icon buried in CoreRPG's \graphics\tabs folder and setup in its graphics_frame.xml file. The biggest pain was creating a [Talents] tab icon that fit the size dimensions. That just about broke the graphics program I'm using, but somehow I managed to do it. It does look a bit odd as I had to give up on figuring out which font the original tabs were using and just went with Arial. It also hugs the left frame and doesn't center left-to-right in the tab the way the others do.

If you remember what the actual font is for the other tabs and could list it here, I'd appreciate it.
    Last edited by kronovan; June 25th, 2022 at 02:11.

Something unwanted I've encountered with my [Talents] tab change, is that it's now become the secondary tab for the Class window. That's far from the worst thing though, as the previous [Abilities] tab was as irrelevant as far as the Dragon Age TTRPG is concerned. And if anything, since class levels more often than not grant a new talent or talent degree, [Talents] is a better tab name. What I'd really like to do is have a separate tab icon for that window named [Levels]. I know this is handled by the CoreRPG ruleset, so I'm going to post in that forum.
    Last edited by kronovan; June 28th, 2022 at 19:50.

Thread Information