FG Spreadshirt Swag

Roll & Keep errors in Unity

The roll and keep dice rolls (/rnk, /rnkd, /rnkdk, and /rnke) work in Classic but I'm getting errors from them in Unity. The dice roll but the console pops up with an error statement instead of giving a result.

I'm using MoreCore 1.61b and Fantasy Grounds Unity is up to date. The campaign is created just for testing and has no additional modules, themes, or extensions loaded. Commands were entered through the chat window with 4k2 as the parameter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Hi bal can you please export a character for me to test with. Also tell me which Rolls and anything else I need to do to see each of the errors.

Those rolls are:
    1. very complex
    2. very old
    3. written in the older style

Im not looking forward to trying to rewrite them...
    Have you tried the /explode and /roll commands?
    They do most of what you want i think but some of those Katana rolls were quite specific so probably not everything...

Howdy damned,

There were no characters in the campaign I was using for testing in FG Unity. For simplicity's sake, I was just entering these into the chat in a brand new campaign:
    /rnk 4k2
    /rnkd 4k2
    /rnkdk 4k2
    /rnke 4k2

The campaign I've been running in actual play is a) running in FG Classic and b) using versions of the modified and expanded roll & keep rolls I messaged you about last year that are piggybacking on these existing ones. Sorry I haven't been able to follow up on that btw, my bosses have decided to bless me with a lot of overtime and I've barely had time to prep for regular sessions.

I've added a minimalist character with samples of the 4 rolls on it to test from.

Edit to clarify: The campaign I was testing against had none of my modifications.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bal; February 21st, 2021 at 17:05.

Quote Originally Posted by GMSean View Post
    I just installed the latest update and none of my story or note buttons are appearing, even when I use the sidebar option. It keeps giving me the error window. I am using FGU morecore and future theme. Please help...I have zero idea what to do to fix it

Attachment 44002
    I'm having a similar problem. I get the following error message, and neither the Combat Tracker, Party Sheet, nor any of the story or note buttons are appearing.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:384: bad argument #1 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)

Hi Damned, I'm following along with you in your video series on extensions
    And when I make the edit to resize the frames even though I changed the attack frame it doesn't seem to resize. The new frame shows up, but no resize on the attacks frame.

Any idea what might be going on? Thanks for the vids btw.
    Here's my code

<!-- Change Size of Attacks Frame -->
    <frame_char_switch_attacks name="attackframe" merge="join">
    <!--<bounds>15,45,-190,120</bounds>-->
    <anchored position="insidetopleft" offset="15,75">
    <right anchor="center" offset="70" />
    <bottom anchor="top" offset="215" />
    </anchored>
    </frame_char_switch_attacks>

<!-- New Stats Frame -->
    <frame_char_switch_notes name="statsframe">
    <anchored position="insidetopleft" offset="15,0">
    <bottom anchor="top" offset="75" />
    </anchored>
    </frame_char_switch_notes>

I updated Fantasy Grounds today and loaded a campaign that is running MORECORE ruleset.

No sidebar buttons at all, and I got the following script errors:
    [2/21/2021 1:20:40 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (button_library_sidebar) in class (shortcutbar)
    [2/21/2021 1:20:40 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)
    [2/21/2021 1:20:58 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (button_library_sidebar) in class (shortcutbar)
    [2/21/2021 1:20:58 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)

I disabled all my extensions and got the same result.

I can not open assets or library either.

I also opened options and tried to enable a sidebar button through that interface and got:

[2/21/2021 1:29:34 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (button_library_sidebar) in class (shortcutbar)
    [2/21/2021 1:29:34 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)

I created a new campaign with the morecore ruleset and got the same thing with a brand new campaign.

When I created a campaign based on Core RPG, everything worked fine. Apparently the update broke MORECORE.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlPalmer View Post
    I updated Fantasy Grounds today and loaded a campaign that is running MORECORE ruleset.
    Apparently the update broke MORECORE.
    Yes, the FG update this last week did break MoreCore. There's a new version available for download in post #1. It's the responsibility of the user to manually update community rulesets and extensions on a regular basis - especially when there are FG updates and errors occur.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

My apologies, I was reading the last update date wrong and didn't realize the update was out.

Thanks.

Hullo! Is there a new version of More Core? Ars Magica is not given the buttons on right any more. Script handling on desktop.lua error 437 Attempt to index local C nil value. Bit of a pain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fargen View Post
    Hi Damned, I'm following along with you in your video series on extensions
    And when I make the edit to resize the frames even though I changed the attack frame it doesn't seem to resize. The new frame shows up, but no resize on the attacks frame.

Any idea what might be going on? Thanks for the vids btw.
    Here's my code

<!-- Change Size of Attacks Frame -->
    <frame_char_switch_attacks name="attackframe" merge="join">
    <anchored position="insidetopleft" offset="15,75">
    <bottom anchor="top" offset="215" />
    </anchored>
    </frame_char_switch_attacks>

<!-- New Stats Frame -->
    <frame_char_switch_notes name="statsframe">
    <anchored position="insidetopleft" offset="15,0">
    <bottom anchor="top" offset="75" />
    </anchored>
    </frame_char_switch_notes>
    See Lines 11-22
    Code:
    		<script>
    			function onInit()
    				self.onSizeChanged = resizeFrames;
    			end

function resizeFrames(sourceWindow)
    				local nWidth,nHeight = getSize();
    				combatframe.setStaticBounds((nWidth/3*2)-15, 45, (nWidth/3)-15, 170)
    				attackframe.setStaticBounds(15, 0, (nWidth*2/3)-30, 215)
    				cas2.setStaticBounds((nWidth/3), 215, (nWidth/3)-15, 240)
    			end
    		</script>

Thread Information