STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    I thought about using Pools, but you cant apply the /sfdice condition to pool rolls can you? THey are just plain rolls?
    You can change the pool to use some rolls - eg /pooltype explode but sfdice also requires arguments that are not supported by /pooltype

Quote Originally Posted by flynnkd View Post
    /sfdice ((p1)+(a1))d6s5f1

This throws an error... bad argument #2 to min...

What do I need to do pls.
    What system are you playing?

I had to make a dice system that did this. It was very custom to a homebrew game so I didn't think to share it with Damned. If you want to steal the code it is back on page 251 Mage5.ext. But I should have corrected SuccessFail dice to do what I revised.

So what i started doing was using the modStack. I would click attribute, and it would add that number to Mod, then click Skill it would also add, then run my dice mod which would take the mod stack as number of dice, then go from there. I plan on doing an upcoming video on how to make dice systems for MoreCore. But I just started school and work roughly 50+ hours, so expect that within a couple+ weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    use the afmbedmg roll
    AFMBE Damage Roll: /afmbedmg (p1)d6x(p2) (roll #d6 * #)
    Thanks Damned,
    Just a note as I was interested, the first (p1) is not 100% needed, you can replace this with a number, i.e 1d6x(p2)
    Last edited by TheYak; August 18th, 2020 at 09:11. Reason: New Info

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    There is not.
    2E and SR4 rulesets both include code to do this.
    An upcoming Star Wars d6 Extension may do this but it is not quite yet ready.
    Its not on my radar....
    Thanks Damned, I will take a look at these rulesets and see how they calculate the range. There may be something in them for me to take guidance from.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYak View Post
    Thanks Damned,
    Just a note as I was interested, the first (p1) is not 100% needed, you can replace this with a number, i.e 1d6x(p2)
    Hi The Yak
    Yes you can use a number or a Parameter in all those fields.

I am working on an Earthdawn character sheet for MoreCore and setting a formula to /earthdawn (p1) works well, but setting it to /earthdawn (p1) + (p2) (or /earthdawn ((p1) + (p2))) doesn't roll anything so I am wondering what I am doing incorrectly.

I tried to include a screen shot, but the dialog box that opened wouldn't let me add an image.

Blog Entries
    As described to me the roll is
    Earthdawn: /earthdawn # (roll step # on the earthdawn 4th step/action dice table)
    so that is how I programmed it.
    It accepts only one number...

That is how it works, but similar to other systems, things are sometimes added/subtracted to get the final step. For example, abilities are typically Attribute + Ability to get the final step, and certain types of injuries decrease the step, so I was hoping to be able to use the built-in features of your character sheets to do the necessary calculations. Is that not possible?

Blog Entries
    Sure - its possible but computers dont now how to do anything without programming them to know what to do.

6 is not the same as 3+3 unless your program knows to handle 3+3.
    This roll only looks for a single number.

But it also goes deeper than that - are there situational modifiers?
    Do you ever add more than 2 numbers together?
    Are modifiers ever negative?

You need to spell out EXACTLY how a roll is built so I can program it.

Quote Originally Posted by frostbyte000jm View Post
    What system are you playing?

I had to make a dice system that did this. It was very custom to a homebrew game so I didn't think to share it with Damned. If you want to steal the code it is back on page 251 Mage5.ext. But I should have corrected SuccessFail dice to do what I revised.

So what i started doing was using the modStack. I would click attribute, and it would add that number to Mod, then click Skill it would also add, then run my dice mod which would take the mod stack as number of dice, then go from there. I plan on doing an upcoming video on how to make dice systems for MoreCore. But I just started school and work roughly 50+ hours, so expect that within a couple+ weeks.
    Shadowrun 6e. It uses a Trait+Skill level to generate a pool, then has a success target and fail target (5-6 and 1). If the pool could be modified to do this that would solve my problems, but I don't have the inclination to re-progam sorry... perhaps someone could do an extension? It's easy to manually handle, just would be nice if it could be automated. Thanks.

Thread Information