DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Hi Damned, Still working on the Paranoia Extension, but I have hit a bit of a problem in that I cannot find out how to change ownership of a record.
    Basicly as GM I want to send out a form for all the players to fill in and then after they have been completed read through them and act accordingly. Notes have an ownership property, but I cannot find out how a GM would alter them on the fly. The best option I have come up with so far is sending the form via chat and getting the player to copy it, and name it something that I recognise and then read the new document. Is this really the only way, to do this or am I missing something blindingly obvious?
    If you remember we discussed the combat dice requirements of Paranoia, (there being no hit points as such, just conditions of, OK,SNAFU, Wounded etc), is it possible to set up a die roller for combat, or is that too much out on a limb? Next Question... What should I put as copyright info, obviously I should make a reference to Mongoose Publishing, but should I also include my name, as the person who adapted it for Morecore?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackimus View Post
    I'm afraid I can't see that rn. I'm on chrome- happy to change forum settings but can't see an easy way to do that either? Thanks for the help folks!
    Its available on Chrome, just make sure you are viewing the Full Site and not the mobile or Archive sites.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Its available on Chrome, just make sure you are viewing the Full Site and not the mobile or Archive sites.
    Is there specific directions you can give to do that? Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Hi there,
    Been a while since I have been on Fantasy Grounds Forums...

But I have come across somethign using MORE CORE. Not sure if it has been reported so here goes.

I have set up the following Dice code on a Skill.

/rk d(a1)+d(b1)+d(p1)x1 Works really well...
    Until...
    One of the above Dice Values in the associated box is a 0

Then it rolls for eternity... Just one contintuous loop.
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    Age of Rebellion & Edge of Empire
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Purchase GMD CORE RPG Here:
    https://www.gmdonline.co.uk/shop/

Quote Originally Posted by Jackimus View Post
    Is there specific directions you can give to do that? Sorry again for the inconvenience.
    Scroll aaaaaall the way to the bottom of this page. In the lower left corner is a drop-down menu you can use to change the theme. Select FGResponsive.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draeus View Post
    Hi there,
    Been a while since I have been on Fantasy Grounds Forums...

But I have come across somethign using MORE CORE. Not sure if it has been reported so here goes.

I have set up the following Dice code on a Skill.

/rk d(a1)+d(b1)+d(p1)x1 Works really well...
    Until...
    One of the above Dice Values in the associated box is a 0

Then it rolls for eternity... Just one contintuous loop.
    Hi Draeus

Im not sure exactly how to replicate what you are rolling above but the syntax is completely wrong. The syntax is:

/rk #d#x#

where we have # how many dice, # what size dice, # how many dice to keep

I apologise the help file says /rk #d#k# instead of /rk #d#x# - Ill get that fixed up.

Blog Entries
    Hi Draeus

I think I understand now what you are doing.
    The syntax you are using is not how it was written but interestingly it works.
    I will have a look and see if I can add some error checking for your use case.

Blog Entries
    Ive written a variant that does some checking and dropped it to you. Please let me know if you encounter any issues - Ill need to test it some more myself to make sure it doesnt break the primary use syntax too.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Ive written a variant that does some checking and dropped it to you. Please let me know if you encounter any issues - Ill need to test it some more myself to make sure it doesnt break the primary use syntax too.
    I will have a test today and see if I can get this to work. It is for use with our GMD CORE RPG we released a few months back, I am attempting to have a more automated version of the game in Fantasy Grounds now so we can play more smoothly without resorting to TTS.

Thank you for sending me the file, I appreciate it, love the rule set!
    GMD Core RPG
    Savage worlds
    Basic roleplaying
    Age of Rebellion & Edge of Empire
    D&D 5th Ed
    Gurps

Ultimate licence user.

Purchase GMD CORE RPG Here:
    https://www.gmdonline.co.uk/shop/

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Firstly there is no generic MATH options available.
    How to implement this has eluded me unfortunately.

You might try this roll but it will only be of use if the DEUS VULT roll is similar to the MYTHRAS roll.

/mythras 1d100w(a)x(b)y(p1)z(p3)

This roll does add (a) and (b) and (p1) and displays that value in (p2).

I cannot recall what z/p3 does though!
    This is something that is being worked on specifically for Mythras at the moment (going slowly).
    Going back a bit to this post... thanks for this info. It does take the two stats as a base and add a skill as needed in Deus Vult. The Deus Vult (also Deus Vult =Mongoose Legend if you know that system at all) roll isn't quite the same from seeing the Mythras in action.

Deus Vult Skill Checks:
    Roll <= Target: Success
    Roll > Target: Failure
    Roll <= 10% of Target: Critical Success
    Roll <=5: Auto Success
    Roll=1: Auto Critical Success
    Roll>=96: Auto Failure
    Roll>=99: Fumble if Base Score+Skill<=100
    Roll=100: Fumble if Base Score+Skill>100

I see this part of the script:

if nTotal > 98 then
    Debug.console("Fumbled: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Fumble";
    elseif nTotal > 95 then
    Debug.console("Automatic Failure: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Automatic Failure";
    elseif nTotal <= (tonumber(nTargetNumber)*.1) then
    Debug.console("Herculean: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Herculean Success [+FHSEV]";
    elseif nTotal < 6 then
    Debug.console("Automatic Success: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Automatic Success";
    elseif nTotal <= (tonumber(nTargetNumber)*.5) then
    Debug.console("Formidable: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Formidable Success [+HSEV]";
    elseif nTotal <= (tonumber(nTargetNumber)*.67) then
    Debug.console("Hard: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Hard Success [+SEV]";
    elseif nTotal <= (tonumber(nTargetNumber)) then
    Debug.console("Standard: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Standard Success [+EV]";
    elseif nTotal <= (tonumber(nTargetNumber)*1.5) then
    Debug.console("Easy: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Only Successful vs Easy [+V]";
    elseif nTotal <= (tonumber(nTargetNumber)*2) then
    Debug.console("Very Easy: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Only Successful vs Very Easy";
    elseif nTotal >= nTargetNumber then
    Debug.console("Failed: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Failure";
    end

I might be asking something dumb, but would it screw things up if I changed it to

if nTotal > 98 then
    Debug.console("Fumbled: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Fumble";
    elseif nTotal > 95 then
    Debug.console("Automatic Failure: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Automatic Failure";
    Debug.console("Herculean: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Herculean Success [+FHSEV]";
    elseif nTotal < 6 then
    Debug.console("Automatic Success: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Automatic Success";
    Debug.console("Formidable: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Formidable Success [+HSEV]";
    elseif nTotal <= (tonumber(nTargetNumber)) then
    Debug.console("Standard: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Standard Success [+EV]";
    elseif nTotal >= nTargetNumber then
    Debug.console("Failed: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Failure";
    end

The typical Deus Vult 99 or 100 fumble seems covered by the first line. Less than 10% of the target number rounded up is a critical success covered by "elseif nTotal <= (tonumber(nTargetNumber)*.1) then" labeled the Formidable Success? Standard Success is less than or equal to target, failure is greater than target, auto success is 1-5... those all seem covered already. Is it possible to add

elseif nTotal = 1 then
    Debug.console("Automatic Critical: ", nTotal);
    sSaveResult = "Automatic Critical";

and have it work? Apologies, as mentioned I'm really new to scripting. I'm not sure what the [+EV] or [+HSEV] stuff refers to specifically... can it just be deleted? Another dumb question... looking through Mythras and manager_custom_rolllow.lua side by side, I can't tell what makes modifiers in mythras change the die roll and modifiers in the latter (I'm guessing the latter is the /rollunder roll) change the target number.

I ran my first Deus Vult Session with Morecore in Classic and it worked well. Unfortunately one of my players let me know five minutes before we started that he has the latest version of OS X and can't run classic. BRP now works in Unity and gets close in a lot of ways but I don't think I could make the changes needed to get it to really work. Morecore's flexibility lets me basically do what I need with my almost non-existent coding abilities but the d100 thing in Unity seemed like it might trip us up. Real coders could probably make a pretty well-oiled character sheet, but I definitely got it to cover what I need it to do. Here's how I ended up doing the character sheet, shown in FGU...

DEUS VULT CHARACTER SHEET.jpg

I never got the ext to increase the red box size to work but I was going to take another look at that (it's more legibile in classic). Not sure if there's a better way to track the info, but the formula boxes seemed like the easiest way. With a skill, the first box is the base from some combo of two Attribute values. Middle box is the added skill points, third box is the total the roll checks against. The Mythras roll would simplify that. With Hit points and Damage, I use the boxes to track Armor/Hit points for the location or the object. That's just data that can be adjusted on the fly, no rolls against that info. Bane and Boon work for damage modifiers except for -1d2, so I just did a regular 1d2 roll and make sure I remember that has to be subtracted (hasn't come up yet). I made the +0 roll an /ability just to have a place holder. Same with Fatigue... put a 1 in the level you're at with winded and below throwing a skill check modifier.

The BRP with Glornatha extensions is cleaner in some ways but I don't know how to change Initiative (I found it in the scripts but I don't know how to change it yet), I would need to add AP to items, and I would need modifiers to change target numbers, not the dice roll. I'd also have to ignore ciritcal success type feedback but that's okay. Feels like Morecore is a lot closer for me and my capabilities. Anyway, not sure if any of that is useful. Appreciate all your work on Morecore, thanks again.
    Last edited by AWD2; July 31st, 2020 at 09:55.

Thread Information