STAR TREK 2d20

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Would you like to include this into MoreCore?
    I have no issue with this being included in MoreCore. It will need to go hand in hand with the attack roll I have modified. It should be noted that the damage calculator does not account for different types of damage yet (range, melee, burst fire, etc) as these will be added at a later date.

Both are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

written in Param formula with Enable Formula ticked.
    I have entered a value into the Health field in the combat frame on the more tab of the standard character sheet, then dragged that value to the Ref Field A box where it displays as ": (a) available"

If I try using parameters instead then it works perfectly but as soon as I try using a ref field it either gives the aforementioned error, or decides the roll is purely informational.

for example
    /die 1d(a) (with 'a' plugged in with a value of 20 from combat frame Health field)

a message in the chat window as follows:-
    Usage: /die [dice] [description]

but doesn't produce an error message.

I am very new to working with xml and my first thought was that I had somehow lost the link to the appropriate file, but I would have expected all of the roll coding to give errors then.
    I have tried the same code on a "virgin" copy of Morecore, (without extensions or alterations) and it gives me similar results.

any help/hints gratefully accepted NickT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    I have no issue with this being included in MoreCore. It will need to go hand in hand with the attack roll I have modified. It should be noted that the damage calculator does not account for different types of damage yet (range, melee, burst fire, etc) as these will be added at a later date.

Both are attached.
    Hey Brotherkelly

Could you please provide a description of the rolls syntax?
    I have changed /attack to /atkatow to fit with the other rolls.
    I have added these two icons.

atow.jpg

Paranoia uses a combat system that is VERY different to most, any help with that would be a godsend ;>)

A player has a series of health status options (O)kay, (S)nafued, (W)ounded, (M)aimed, (D)own, (K)illed, (V)apourised

Weapons have a rating as follows:-
    Cone Rifle Damage Type= Impact Min-Boost-Max= W3K
    Min-Boost-Max
    Min =minimum damage done,
    Boost= how much over the basic hit value you have to roll before you add a rank to the health status
    Max = The maximum damage that weapon can do
    so assuming a character fires a cone rifle at an unarmoured target and they have a "Projectile Weapons skill of 14, (this is the skill used for firing a cone rifle)
    they roll a d20 against their skill.
    If they get above 14 they have missed
    If they get 12-14 they have hit but they did not get a boost,(did not make the roll by 3 points or greater) so Health status of target = W
    If they get 9-11 they have hit and got a single boost (made roll by 3-5 but not by 6 or more) so Health status =W+1 boost = M
    If they get 6-8 they have a hit and 2 boosts( made roll by 6 but not by 9 or more) so Health status = W+2= D
    If they get 3-5 they have hit with 3 boosts which would be W+3=K,
    If they get 1-2 they have hit with 4 boosts which would be W+4= V
    but the maximum damage a cone rifle can do is K so the Health status is =K

If the target is wearing armour of the appropriate type then the damage is reduced by steps depending on the level of protection it offers

Damage types are"Impact", "Bio" and "Energy" there is an equivalent armour type for each.

AFAICT the health status is not cumulative, if you have suffered a (W)ound then a later (S)nafued result will have no effect, (this makes sense given the cinematic nature of the game)
    Last edited by NickT; May 25th, 2020 at 12:29. Reason: repost

HI I have the screen shot you wanted one thing I noticed is my ref fields say ": (a) available" rather than having an identifier, but none of the fields that I drag to the refs give me a value there, not sure if that is relevant,(but I suspect it is!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi damned,

On the Blades in the Dark example rolls those look awesome, except on the 3 dice rolls in the 2nd example, the roll that has 2 six results should be a "Critical" or "Critical Success" rather than just a "Full Success". It is correct in the 1st example with the unskilled rolls, however, where taking the lower of the 2 dice shows 2 six results but only provides a "Full Success" (since you cannot get a "Critical" on an unskilled roll).
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    HI I have the screen shot you wanted one thing I noticed is my ref fields say ": (a) available" rather than having an identifier, but none of the fields that I drag to the refs give me a value there, not sure if that is relevant,(but I suspect it is!)
    what are you dragging into a?

Thread Information