DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Thank you that will make it easier to follow.
    I think I may have solved my issue. Some more testing to do and then I will post my solution.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    I think I may have solved my issue. Some more testing to do and then I will post my solution.
    Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Hi, the latest ATOW extension is attached along with 2 characters.

The attack roll is manager_custom_atowatk.lua

The damage roll is manager_custom_atowdmg.lua

Add both characters to the combat tracker. Start the turn and set the target of Eduard Gripley as Sam Slade. Go to the MoreData tab of Eduard Gripley and select the Tranq Gun Attack Roll. The attack roll takes the dice result plus the P1 value (4) and compares it against a target value (7). The result is displayed in the chat window. A Margin of Success (MoS) is calculated as the attack total - the target number. This MoS value is then stored in the characters 'five' node in the combat tracker for use by the damage roll.

Once a hit has been achieved select the Tranq Gun Damage roll. This generates a hit location based on the 2d6 roll. The armour value of the target for this location is retrieved (the path is determined from the hit location and the weapon damage type (parameter P2). The targets armour value should be read from the database and compared against the damage roll penetration value (parameter P3). If the pen value lower than the armour value then weapon damage value (P1) it is reduced by the difference of the two. The MoS value (divided by 4, round down) stored earlier is added to the modified damage value. This value is further modified by the hit location multiplier. The final value is applied to the target.

Example:

Attacker rolls 5 (on 2d6) and has a modifier of 3, the result is 8 which is a hit (greater than the target of 7). The weapon has a Damage value of 4, damage type of 2 and penetration value of 2. The damage roll indicates the arm is hit and the targets armour value for weapon type 2 (ballistic) is 5.

The armour effectiveness is 2 (pen value) - 5 = -3. This means the damage value is reduced by 3 giving a new damage value of 1 (4-3). The MoS was 1.

The damage applied is 1 + 0 (MoS of 1 divided by 4, round down) * 0.5 (location multiplier) = 1 (0.5 is rounded up).

Now this works fine when tested as the host. When tested as a client, the resulting armour value used is 0 (despite the OOBmsg routine reading the correct value). This would give the damage applied as 2 ((4 +0) * 0,5 = 2).

Hope this helps in looking at my problem.
    Okay, so I have been working on this for a few days now and suddenly I had a revelation. Why make things complicated when a simple solution was staring me in the face. The method of reading the Margin Of Success value works for GM & Client so why not use this method for the location armour value check. This too worked, simple. No need to create a complex OOB messaging routine. I have tested this on both GM and client sides on all looks good.

The modified manage_custom_atowdmg.lua file is attached (change the extension from .zip to .lua) if you want to have a look - lines 336 to 345 in the Damage Calculator function.

I have also posted the latest version of the ATOW extension on the following thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ior-RPG-Redux)

Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hopefully quick question - Roll and Keep. Is there a way to use the existing rolls for (p1)d12 keep highest? From the documentation, rnk seems to be specific to d10? It's for Agents of Concordia.

Thanks!

I have a question. I've been looking at the shadowrun 5e extension for moreCore. While trying to figure out how some of it works I wanted to understand in particular how rolling works.
    I tried doing something that requires multiple roles to finish a task, such as summoning a spirit. 3 rolls required the 3rd needs the results from the first two.
    While trying to make this work I found that the order of the rolls was not always in order they were started in.

So my question is: Is there a way to force it to roll something in a particular order so that you can get the results and use those results to influence future automated rolls?

As a use case. The above example of summoning a spirit in shadowrun. You roll your summoning skill and the spirit rolls a resistance test. The summoner then needs to roll a drain test with the target being the number of successes the spirit got in it's resistance. If the character does not get the drain to zero then they take stun or damage. I'd like to automate this entire series of rolls.
    I've got it working right now to make the rolls, but they don't know of each other as the order seems to not happen the same way every time.

Blog Entries
    Each roll needs to finish - eg write output to chat - before you start the next roll.
    You will need to store the previous rolls results somewhere for the last roll to retrieve.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldanash View Post
    Hopefully quick question - Roll and Keep. Is there a way to use the existing rolls for (p1)d12 keep highest? From the documentation, rnk seems to be specific to d10? It's for Agents of Concordia.

Thanks!
    Im not familiar with the system. Can you also refresh me on the rnk roll? Too many rolls...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Each roll needs to finish - eg write output to chat - before you start the next roll.
    You will need to store the previous rolls results somewhere for the last roll to retrieve.
    Is there a proscribed way to wait out the roll finishing?

Hey all you MoreCore dice string experts I was hoping for a little more help, or just to deliver me the bad news I can't accomplish what I'm trying to achieve. I'm working with two 30+ year old systems both of which have been table driven challenges. Damned gave me a great bit of advice on adjusting the /rollon variable Column Field (-c) on a table with a parameter option to select which column to provide results from. This required the table's Column Field Names to be a numeric in order to work with the parameter formula. In a few of the table rolls I am needing it to shift up or down the columns as a game modifier(event) dictates. I had hopes I could label 1, 2, 4, or -1,-2, -4 depending on up or down from the base column (which would be the base level of the attribute or power). Unless I am missing something, positive numbers inserted into the formula works great. However Column Field names with a "-" -1, -2, ect. just reports an error message and doesn't roll. I'm betting its a mathematical issue within the lua, but was curious if there was any type of work around that might work?

Second question is with the /rollunder string. Is it possible somehow to (possibly with syntax) to have that roll take a 3d6 roll and total those together versus counting them individually against the target #. Again, this works absolutely perfectly as long as its 1d(whatever) 6, 20, 100 and gives the exact result I am needing. However, if I am to maintain and not deviate from the core rule procedure the skill checks are rolled with 3d6 as a total then factored against a set difficulty and potentially +/- skill modifier.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. It's merely my bad luck that I have chosen some challenging projects to undertake (and frankly learn on), and I think I am getting closer.
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by LordRichtor; May 18th, 2020 at 23:30.

Blog Entries
    /rollunder does not do what you want but if you spelled out more detail (cos im lost with that explanation) we may be able to come up with another solution.

the - is interpreted as a switch like the -c

Thread Information