DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boldtaar View Post
    On the sheets main tab how do I move items side way?

screenshot
    Attachment 34569Attachment 34569Attachment 34569Attachment 34569

edit
    Is it me or is it just a FG unity issue?
    It seems that if you add an entry to the second group then that group or the other will move to the next column. It seems it wont split a group across 2 columns.

Hello all,
    I have done a number of searches but haven't had any luck with identifying a similar question. I have been working on a couple of old systems that are primarily designed around table results for skill and combat resolution. In these examples the tables would have multiple columns shifting the results based on base skill levels, accuracy, and certain other modifiers. I've used the /rollontable command including the pointer to a specific column for a particular roll. My question, is it possible to modify the column selection on the fly with a modifier that could be embedded or entered in the /mod box? One example could be the set roll is directed to roll on Table X Column 3, but I could insert a modifier that would trigger the roll on the Table X but shift the column positively or negatively by some number such as +1 Column Shift to Column 4 or -1 Column to Column 2? This could be, according to the system +/- up to 6 shifts. For purposes of clarity on this, the base Table would be d100 roll with 5 Ranges of results and would have approximately 18 columns of staggered result ranges. Hopefully this is not all clear as mud, and any assistance, guidance or direction will be greatly appreciated. (On a side note, with everything going on, an upcoming game con has been migrated to a virtual Con and I am running these old-school games so I am attempting to utilize this system for playing.)

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Brotherkelly can you post a charsheet with the rolls setup on it and tell me how to roll and what to expect and how to create the error and what should happen?
    Hi, the latest ATOW extension is attached along with 2 characters.

The attack roll is manager_custom_atowatk.lua

The damage roll is manager_custom_atowdmg.lua

Add both characters to the combat tracker. Start the turn and set the target of Eduard Gripley as Sam Slade. Go to the MoreData tab of Eduard Gripley and select the Tranq Gun Attack Roll. The attack roll takes the dice result plus the P1 value (4) and compares it against a target value (7). The result is displayed in the chat window. A Margin of Success (MoS) is calculated as the attack total - the target number. This MoS value is then stored in the characters 'five' node in the combat tracker for use by the damage roll.

Once a hit has been achieved select the Tranq Gun Damage roll. This generates a hit location based on the 2d6 roll. The armour value of the target for this location is retrieved (the path is determined from the hit location and the weapon damage type (parameter P2). The targets armour value should be read from the database and compared against the damage roll penetration value (parameter P3). If the pen value lower than the armour value then weapon damage value (P1) it is reduced by the difference of the two. The MoS value (divided by 4, round down) stored earlier is added to the modified damage value. This value is further modified by the hit location multiplier. The final value is applied to the target.

Example:

Attacker rolls 5 (on 2d6) and has a modifier of 3, the result is 8 which is a hit (greater than the target of 7). The weapon has a Damage value of 4, damage type of 2 and penetration value of 2. The damage roll indicates the arm is hit and the targets armour value for weapon type 2 (ballistic) is 5.

The armour effectiveness is 2 (pen value) - 5 = -3. This means the damage value is reduced by 3 giving a new damage value of 1 (4-3). The MoS was 1.

The damage applied is 1 + 0 (MoS of 1 divided by 4, round down) * 0.5 (location multiplier) = 1 (0.5 is rounded up).

Now this works fine when tested as the host. When tested as a client, the resulting armour value used is 0 (despite the OOBmsg routine reading the correct value). This would give the damage applied as 2 ((4 +0) * 0,5 = 2).

Hope this helps in looking at my problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordRichtor View Post
    Hello all,
    I have done a number of searches but haven't had any luck with identifying a similar question. I have been working on a couple of old systems that are primarily designed around table results for skill and combat resolution. In these examples the tables would have multiple columns shifting the results based on base skill levels, accuracy, and certain other modifiers. I've used the /rollontable command including the pointer to a specific column for a particular roll. My question, is it possible to modify the column selection on the fly with a modifier that could be embedded or entered in the /mod box? One example could be the set roll is directed to roll on Table X Column 3, but I could insert a modifier that would trigger the roll on the Table X but shift the column positively or negatively by some number such as +1 Column Shift to Column 4 or -1 Column to Column 2? This could be, according to the system +/- up to 6 shifts. For purposes of clarity on this, the base Table would be d100 roll with 5 Ranges of results and would have approximately 18 columns of staggered result ranges. Hopefully this is not all clear as mud, and any assistance, guidance or direction will be greatly appreciated. (On a side note, with everything going on, an upcoming game con has been migrated to a virtual Con and I am running these old-school games so I am attempting to utilize this system for playing.)

Thank you in advance!
    Welcome LordRichtor

I dont know if this is exactly what you describe but this is how I would do it...

Table called Attack Table with 3 columns called (important - use numbers here) 1, 2, 3.
    Roll called Attack Table Roll with Formula /rollon Attack Table -c (p1) and hide p2, p3
    Before you Roll the character changes the p1 field on the charsheet (see the top entry in the middle frame Feats (sorry forgot to markup the image)) and this will roll on that column only.
    In this case Column 1 is Hard, Column 2 is Standard, Column 3 is Easy.

mc-rollon.jpg

I reloaded a dozen times. I reverted to earlier builds of MoreCore and CoreRPG. I tested code for 3 hours and couldnt resolve it.
    Closed FG and started fresh and now I cant get the error to reappear...
    Hey, so I never saw the issue resolve. But, I've been slowly playing around with new features and figured out when it's working and when it's not. If I go to the combat tracker and right click and select create item, I'll create an entry in the combat tracker. I create a second entry by dragging an entry from the NPC tab. From one of the player characters sheets, if drag an attack onto the entry created by right clicking, it doesn't list the enemy in the vs. But if I attack the entry the was created via the NPC entry, it works. Additionally, player characters targeting other player characters do work for targeting. But either way, wounds are not being automatically updated with the attack roll. They have to be dragged onto the wounds entry on the combat tracker.

Blog Entries
    Version 1.56 uploaded just now.
    This version has Drag and Drop Races, Character Advancement Log (tracks Classes, Levels and Race) and some tweaks to World Builder.
    Some updates/fixes to rolls.

mc-races.jpg

Duplicate
    Last edited by LordRichtor; May 15th, 2020 at 22:58. Reason: Deletion

Welcome LordRichtor

I dont know if this is exactly what you describe but this is how I would do it...

Table called Attack Table with 3 columns called (important - use numbers here) 1, 2, 3.
    Roll called Attack Table Roll with Formula /rollon Attack Table -c (p1) and hide p2, p3
    Before you Roll the character changes the p1 field on the charsheet (see the top entry in the middle frame Feats (sorry forgot to markup the image)) and this will roll on that column only.
    In this case Column 1 is Hard, Column 2 is Standard, Column 3 is Easy.

mc-rollon.jpg
    Thank you Sir! I never thought or realized that the -c variable could be adjusted by a parameter in the roll formula. This certainly gets me a step closer and great place to rethink my logic as to setting up the rolls (and adjusted tables) for a cleaner character sheet. My challenge here was maintaining the base column as it is assigned to an attribute or skill. The columns represent higher degrees of possible success in a staggered/elevating method from low to higher (for chance of success on the d100). Your help with this has pointed me to creating a secondary adjustable roll for any column shift modifiers, while minimizing the players chance of making an erroneous roll if they fail to zero out the modifier before needed to make the next check roll. I'm thinking I will be a table generating madman for a little while.

Thank you again, and I hope I can pester you again when I hit the next wall... Stay Safe!

Thread Information