STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries
    There are no reasons why you couldnt do it as an extension.
    I would think that you ought to add another tab instead of breaking any existing content that is in Abilities.
    Have a look at the Low Fantasy Gaming extension I think I added another set of Rolls for Spells on the second tab maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    @qdwag & @damned
    Weird. The drag and drop from the Abilities library to the Abilities tab is still working for me under FGC with the current MoreCore under a brand new install. I put the spells under the Abilities library in the Dungeon World modules mostly because there isn't a Spells library.
    To be clear, the entries themselves have no mechanical function and are only there as easy "spellbook" entries which include the text from the manual. The text also includes a roll (for those spells that use them) that can be dragged and dropped into the character sheet spells window or wherever the player wants to put it.

What I do see is that in the theme update in MoreCore, we lost the group pulldown in the Abilities library. I had all the spell entries grouped by class and level.

I know I'm going to have to go in and rework some stuff with the new functions in MoreCore and whatever is coming down the pipe with FGU. It would be nice to have some sort of library for spells, whatever that looks like. Otherwise, that's a bunch more stuff to clutter the Rolls library with.

EDIT: It looks like the drag 'n' drop issue is FGU only. It still works fine in FGC (missing group menu notwithstanding).
    Thanks for confirming the FGU issue Wndrngdru

Question:

Does anyone know of a MoreCore theme that works fine graphically, with Unity?

I've tried a couple of themes from the forum but they're messing up the UI. Pretty much unusable.

Cheers.

Hi all,

Crossposting from this thread re: needing help with a Blades in the Dark custom dice roll for MoreCore.

@Damned asked
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Can you, perhaps in the main MoreCore thread, post a detailed description of the roll mechanic including all the things that can impact a roll. Things that change target numbers, change number of dice, add modifiers to etc.
    Are rolls opposed, are they against a variable target, a static target?
    And also how a roll should report its results?
    Dice rolls in Blades are d6-based. A roll of 1-3 is a miss, a roll of 4-5 is a partial success, and a roll of 6 is a full success. These are static targets.

When a player character takes an action, they make an action roll, rolling a number of d6s based on theiraction rating, usually between 0-4 dice. (Rolling 0d6 functions as rolling 2d6 and taking the lower die result). The outcome of the roll (full success, partial success, or failure) is derived from the highest die result. So if rolling 3d6 gets you [1 3 5], your result is a 5.

When a player character resists a consequence, they make a resistance roll based on one of three attribute ratings: Insight, Prowess, or Resolve. A character's attribute rating is determined by the breadth of their action ratings, which you can kind of see illustrated here: https://bladesinthedark.com/sites/de...erkit_v8_2.pdf. Basically, your attribute rating is the sum of the attribute's corresponding action ratings that are at least one. This was hard for me to wrap my head around without a visual. Since the attribute ratings are derived from action ratings, I'm going to try to automate them on the character sheet.

Let's say Geist, your Cutter, has the following action ratings: Attune 2, Command 1, Consort 0, Sway 0. These are all in the Resolve branch. Because Geist has at least one point in Attune and Command, Geist has a Resolve of 2.

These two rolls are the mechanical basis of Blades in the Dark. There are modifiers to these rolls, i.e. if the GM presents a good Devil's Bargain, a player may choose to give up something in return for +1D on their action roll. Modifiers always increase the standard dice pool by one or more (I don't think they ever decrease rolled rice). Let's say, in our earlier example, Geist takes a Devil's Bargain. Instead of rolling 2d6 for Attune, Geist would roll 3d6 and take the highest result. I think the easiest way to keep track of these modifiers is with the modifier box in the lower left corner of FG.

These are the basics for Blades in the Dark. If anything is unclear, please let me know. And thank you for any effort you can make on this!

Quote Originally Posted by qdwag View Post
    Question:

Does anyone know of a MoreCore theme that works fine graphically, with Unity?

I've tried a couple of themes from the forum but they're messing up the UI. Pretty much unusable.

Cheers.
    I wouldn't count on seeing much at this point. Once FGU is officially released, I'm sure you'll see more stuff become available as the community goes to work.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Well, this really isn't the right thread to discuss this in. And I won't judge or comment on if your expectations are reasonable or not (as it really doesn't matter, everyone is entitled to their own expectations). I will say that in the almost 5 years I've been here no one else I can remember has expressed such expectations. And there are currently over 192k forum members (about 10k of them this week alone). So I will say that your expectations are not common.

What's important is how to help you either meet your expectations, or modify your expectations.
    I'm actually surprised that this hasn't come up before, but I don't want to consistently keep hijacking this thread to be my personal complaints department, though.

If I need to bring this up in more detail elsewhere on the forum, I'm willing to do so. In the meantime, I'll keep chewing through the tutorials until I can get something useful out of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OSdirk View Post
    We use d20/D&D/Pathfinder as a baseline, but with a lot of content that is either homebrew or converted content from other sources.

I do understand that the basic SRD package can't include everything, but there is a certain minimum threshold that should be met- which I'm just not seeing. (I'd want the character form to be at /least/ as functional as what WoTC had in the form of MasterTools back in the day, which was at least intuitive enough for most people to make it work out of the box, and had the capability of updating variables based on feats/equipment/etc.) We didn't pick up licenses to have an excuse to learn advanced LUA/XML scripting. We picked them up in order to play the actual game.

I'm not adverse to learning XML and LUA and I am currently attempting to chew through the tutorials. I just don't think it should be a requirement to gain baseline functions that should already be present.

I do realize that there is an officially licensed ruleset available for purchase, but as far as I'm aware it's nothing more than a reformatted version of the physical books that we already own. It wouldn't be worth the purchase, unless it actually solved the database referencing issue. There's no point of entering homebrew content to the computerized form, if the computerized form can't update the math.
    I may have missed the beginning of this conversation. SRD implies a discussion about the 5E ruleset for D&D fifth edition. It contains enough content to create characters, run monsters, equip items, spells, etc. It is a pretty extensive subset of content from the PHB/MM/DMG and it should provide a pretty clear example for you to use as a basis for creating your own new classes, races, monsters, etc. If you don't see it, you probably still need to open the modules from Library > Modules. You don't need to do anything in XML or LUA to add your own homebrew versions of those. Just create the necessary items in the interface. You can even use /export afterward to make them into a module that you can reuse in multiple campaigns. If you have a specific issue that you need help with, please post that over in the 5E forums and you should get some help. If you are new to FG, I would recommend checking out Fantasy Grounds College. They have free interactive courses on Discord that are good for getting people ramped up quickly.

Hey guys,

Have any of you noticed in the Combat Tracker, that when an NPC dies, the token/portrait image in the CT goes blank when they die (more wounds than HP) and there's no way of bringing it back (even if you zero out the wounds).

Is this just me or a bug?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qdwag View Post
    Hey guys,

Have any of you noticed in the Combat Tracker, that when an NPC dies, the token/portrait image in the CT goes blank when they die (more wounds than HP) and there's no way of bringing it back (even if you zero out the wounds).

Is this just me or a bug?
    Probably a bug. In FGC its token in the CT is replaced with a Skull. That code might not be working properly in FGU.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderfoot View Post
    Dice rolls in Blades are d6-based. A roll of 1-3 is a miss, a roll of 4-5 is a partial success, and a roll of 6 is a full success. These are static targets.
    Ill try and get this done in the next build to be released soon(ish).

Thread Information