FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    That is a pretty old set up. You might try the one I did... Give me sec to find the link.

Here you go. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...n-World-Manual

This includes the full reference manual and "mostly set-up" character sheets as pre-gens.

@damned I don't think this ever got linked in your MoreCore Info/Charcter Sheet threads. Can we do that? :-)
    Done!
    Posted here
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ore-extensions

Blog Entries
    No rest for the weary, I'm afraid.

The fix you suggested did indeed fix the problem of negative modifiers. However, now it ignores the +, so it only rolls the first parameter's worth of dice. See attached screenshot...

Image1.jpg

Sorry to be such a pain.

~P

Hi Wndrngdru,

I just started a new character with your mod. But my character sheet looks unchanged. I don't know if you've tweaked the items shown in your original screenshots, but here is mine - https://prnt.sc/rlks25
    Is this how it's supposed to look when first loaded in? Or have I done something wrong?

Thanks again!

Ooo never mind! Worked it out It's fantastic!!! Thank you for creating this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phystus View Post
    No rest for the weary, I'm afraid.

The fix you suggested did indeed fix the problem of negative modifiers. However, now it ignores the +, so it only rolls the first parameter's worth of dice. See attached screenshot...

Image1.jpg

Sorry to be such a pain.

~P
    You will need to write out all possible permutations please along with examples

Quote Originally Posted by qdwag
    I know how you feel. I had to jump through the same hurdles last week when I got started.
    Thanks qdwag! I was fairly sure I had to be missing something, somewhere, but it wasn't particularly clear.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    So you are expecting a full blown graphical IDE that understands the 8000 odd RPG systems that are out there?
    Not quite. I do understand that there are limitations as to what is reasonable and to what is possible.

What I was expecting was to be able to tag "outputs" to the various "inputs", without having to resort to outside modules within hours of owning the license. It doesn't need to understand or parse all of the rules, but it should be able to query the designated rules.

At minimum, I would have expected to be able to add a custom ability/feat/similar, and tag that feat to apply a numerical modifier to another variable. IE: If the feat 'alertness' is added to the character "sheet", then add +2 to the 'perception' skill bonus, using 3.5/Pathfinder as an example.

It doesn't do that out of the box, and that's extremely disappointing to me. It's not like this functionality would be a unique need specific 3.5/Pathfinder. The terminology might change, but the basic need for some some named thing to alter some other named thing doesn't. It shouldn't be necessary to break out the complex scripting script to do something that fundamental.

I hope that makes a little more sense, at least.

If you are unhappy with your purchase SmiteWorks offer a 30day refund policy
    I'm don't want to have to go that far, but I will take route if I have to. I'm hoping that MoreCore and the various extensions for it will help me get closer to what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by OSdirk; March 24th, 2020 at 03:49.

Blog Entries
    You will need to write out all possible permutations please along with examples
    Permutations of what, exactly?

Ubiquity uses a dice pool. Any die will do, we can assume a d6 if that's easier. Success or failure for each die is a 50/50 proposition. Currently MoreCore uses the convention that even=success, odd=failure. That's fine. We're only interested in the number of successes.

The pool can have multiple sources of dice. For example, the number of dice in your initiative pool is the sum of your strength plus your dexterity. It can be modified by a feat (they're called talents, but they smell just like a Pathfinder feat), or other sources.

Modifiers can be positive (add dice to the pool) or negative (remove dice from the pool.) The modifiers currently behave this way.

So Initiative pool = Strength pool + Dex pool [+mod]

In general, two parameters for dice, and one for a permanent modifier, should suffice.

Does that help?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phystus View Post
    Permutations of what, exactly?

Ubiquity uses a dice pool. Any die will do, we can assume a d6 if that's easier. Success or failure for each die is a 50/50 proposition. Currently MoreCore uses the convention that even=success, odd=failure. That's fine. We're only interested in the number of successes.

The pool can have multiple sources of dice. For example, the number of dice in your initiative pool is the sum of your strength plus your dexterity. It can be modified by a feat (they're called talents, but they smell just like a Pathfinder feat), or other sources.

Modifiers can be positive (add dice to the pool) or negative (remove dice from the pool.) The modifiers currently behave this way.

So Initiative pool = Strength pool + Dex pool [+mod]

In general, two parameters for dice, and one for a permanent modifier, should suffice.

Does that help?
    Kinda not really...

How many ways will you be building the pool?

/uniquity +str+dex+mod+situational+injuries+what?

How many will be done in the string and how many by using /mod # to add to the pool?

The roll code has to look at the string and be able to handle all the ways that you are writing it. That is not straight forward.

Hi Damned,

Dragging items into the "Abilities" tab of the character sheet doesn't seem to work - no items get populated.
    Is this a bug by any chance?

See screenshot - https://prnt.sc/rlmfta

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by qdwag View Post
    Hi Damned,

Dragging items into the "Abilities" tab of the character sheet doesn't seem to work - no items get populated.
    Is this a bug by any chance?

See screenshot - https://prnt.sc/rlmfta
    Confirmed bug.
    It seems no one uses Ability libraries. This looks like it has been broken for over 2 years due to changes in CoreRPG.
    Use Rolls without a formula.

Thread Information