DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Hello everyone. Not new to Fantasy Grounds, but new to MoreCore. I'm trying to create a mod for the Five Torches Deep RPG . I am looking to create Races and Classes but there does not seem to be any tabs to do that. Is that something I would be able to do using MoreCore or not? Thanks everyone.

There are no tabs for races and classes. MoreCore basic doesn't have a devoted method for races or classes. What it does have is the ability to use either "Notes" or "Story" to record race or class statistics. While it isn't at the level of the 5e ruleset it can be pretty good. By adding basic abilities and then linking them to the pseudo race/class you made it can get pretty close. These, in turn, can be dragged to the character sheet. Instant popup races and classes. Damned (Damien) also has created an extension with a lot of functionality that he plans to put into the base ruleset. It actually has a new classification called Classes. Basically a more formal set of identifications that can be used to record custom races or classes. The downside of this extension is that he built in some hardwired rules for leveling for a few supported classes for some game system I am not aware of. Keep in mind this extension is intended to be a practical tutorial to make your own supported classes.

My skills are more in the copy and paste arena and the ruleset I am interested in (Rifts) must have well over a hundred races and classes. So I took the extension and removed the hardwired classes. You could probably take that modified version and easily rename the MDC and SDC to something relevant to your game system and just use the new class functionality like I did. Or, if you just want to use the Notes and Stories section you can look at my tutorial at the time in the link and use the base MoreCore ruleset. https://youtu.be/2H-Et68jWco?t=2286
    Last edited by danielfruth; December 20th, 2019 at 02:22.

I'm digging into this damned and I have to say, its very nice!

Question: Is there an easy way to make the /damageroll dice string display the blood drop icon (as is used for /damage) rather than a d20 icon? It would help visually organize the character sheet.

I'm using superteddy's SotDL extension if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi vvZODvv

Click in the Roll dice string field and click out again and it should update to the correct Icon.
    With a little experimenting, I determined it was the SotDL extension that seems to be removing the blood splatter icon on that particular dice string. No idea how or why that's the case. As I play around with the SotDL extension some more, I'll post this minor quirk on superteddy's thread.

While I'm asking you questions, here's a INCREDIBLY trivial one:
    I like how the /damage roll reports to the chat log (ex: Goblin: Spear [Damage] 2)

Is there a way to have the /attackac in the same manner? As of now it also reports the dice string formula to the chat log (ex: Goblin 1d20+2XH Spear [Attack] 9 Miss!)

I like the clean and consistent look of not including the formula in the log, but functionality is perfect (and incredibly awesome that it links to the CT).
    Last edited by vvZODvv; December 29th, 2019 at 16:20. Reason: added additional question

Greetings, I' trying to use MoreCore for a game that basically uses 1d100 roll under, but the value to be rolled under is the sum of two stats plus ranks in the relevant skill. My problem comes from wanting to use the /rollunder, but I can't find a way to add all three values. Anyone got any ideas?
    BTW, the game is RQ6/Mythras

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    Greetings, I' trying to use MoreCore for a game that basically uses 1d100 roll under, but the value to be rolled under is the sum of two stats plus ranks in the relevant skill. My problem comes from wanting to use the /rollunder, but I can't find a way to add all three values. Anyone got any ideas?
    BTW, the game is RQ6/Mythras
    This will require a new roll.
    Methinks you will soon see something that supports this...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    This will require a new roll.
    Methinks you will soon see something that supports this...
    Nice, but if it's going to take a new roll, perhaps I should mention a few more details about the roll.
    The number rolled is compared with the total of the skill, but not in a pass/fail system, but in a tiered difficulty system.
    Very Easy=Skill*2
    Easy=Skill*1.5
    Standard=Skill*1
    Hard=Skill*0.66
    Formidable=Skill*0.5
    Herculean=Skill*0.1

So, for example, if you total skill if 50 and you roll a 25, you reached Formidable difficulty, but if you rolled a 75 you only reached a Easy difficulty.

Also a result of 01-05 is always a success and 96-100 is always a failure.
    Critical successes are if you roll Skill*0.1 (basically if you reach Herculean), and fumbles are on a 99-100.
    Fractions are rounded up.

Thread Information