DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    The roll would be 1d# #, which would be like 1d6 x 6. So the ability to roll 1 die of the first # size and multiply it by the second #. This gives a broader range of damage in opposition of mostly average. AFMBE suggest this as melee damage is a die x Strength and ranged damage has a fixed multiplier based on weapon. ALSO, the number in the modifier box below chat needs to be added to the multiplier, 2nd #, to increase the multiplier. Here is the link. I'll leave it there always now in case someone needs it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybh07fdonw...AFMBE.ext?dl=0
    Ultimate License

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me out. I am generating some new dice strings for BattleTech: A Time of War and need help with the following:

Any skill or Attribute check rolls 2d6. If both die are a 6 then the player can roll another 1d6. If this is also a 6, another 1d6 can be rolled, and so on. The total is added together with any modifiers. The result needs to be higher than the specified target number The attached extension has the two dice strings I have created (based on the /sthrow string).

I do not know how to add the exploding dice into this to get what I am after.

Any help, greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    The easiest way...

Clone /explode roll to /battled6
    Modify this function
    function getDieMax(sType)
    Debug.console("getDieMax: ", sType);
    local sDie = string.match(sType, "d(%d+)");
    if tonumber(sDie) > 1000 then
    tempmax = tonumber(sDie);
    while tempmax > 20 do
    tempmax = tempmax - 1000;
    end
    else tempmax = tonumber(sDie);
    end
    max = tempmax;
    return max;
    end
    to

function getDieMax(sType)
    Debug.console("getDieMax: ", sType);
    local sDie = string.match(sType, "d(%d+)");
    tempmax = tonumber(sDie) max = tempmax;
    return max;
    end
    and use the following dice string:

/battled6 1d2006+1d6

the green d6 (d2006) wont explode under any circumstances then

You then want to change this (roughly on line 65 depending on above changes)
    Code:
    if w.result == getDieMax(w.type) then
    to

Code:
    if w.result == getDieMax(w.type) and aDice[1].result == 6 then
    and that should work...

Hi Damned, thanks for the reply. I will look to implement this tomorrow when I am next able to get access to my code and let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherkelly View Post
    Hi Damned, thanks for the reply. I will look to implement this tomorrow when I am next able to get access to my code and let you know how it goes.
    This works a treat, thanks Damned.

The final part for this dice string is to check it against a target number and report success or failure. Essentially it is the /battled6 string combined with the /sthrow dice string. The basic premise within A Time of War is any attribute or skill check must be equal to or greater than a specified target number to succeed. The /battled6 string is fine for rolling the 2d6 and adding a modifier, but it also needs to check whether the result is equal to or higher than a target number (as in the saving throw dice string) and report either success or failure.

I have been looking at the code of the /sthrow string and just cannot see what I need to copy (modify) and put into the /battled6 string to make this work. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

"Hi, Im a new user of FG and I like it... I saw that in your ruleset, you are able to explode dices... perfect for me !! In my system, I used exploding dices too but and I want to know if it possible to explode one dice between others.
    For example, I throw 1D6+1D8+1D4, and I want to only explode the D6, not the others... Is it possible? And If, How?
    Many thanks !!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeletos View Post
    "Hi, Im a new user of FG and I like it... I saw that in your ruleset, you are able to explode dices... perfect for me !! In my system, I used exploding dices too but and I want to know if it possible to explode one dice between others.
    For example, I throw 1D6+1D8+1D4, and I want to only explode the D6, not the others... Is it possible? And If, How?
    Many thanks !!!
    Welcome Squeletos

What is your system called?

Hi Damned

A homemade system build by on of my french friend. The main idea is to cast two dices : one more important wich represent the level of the skill the player wants to use and must be exploding ( d4/d6/d8/d10/d12)

The name is the dices of the dragon: in french les dés du dragon, and I will be glad to send you the french pdf of the core book.

Hi everyone, I just bought Fantasy Grounds and I’m fascinated with MoreCore.

I’m trying to re-create a very simple RPG system but I am stuck trying to use the reference field.

I have created those 5 attributes which I’m trying to reference 2 of them for an Attack roll.
    My goal is to roll 1d6 and add 2 values, which are the referenced attributes, then show the result. This is what I’m trying but no success:

/damage 1d6+(a1)+(b1)

As I try to roll this it only gives me a simple 1d6 roll, nothing more. Would you guys please help me? I really have no idea about what the problem is. Tried the video guides, and the doc page but I don’t find the answer.

Hope someone can land a hand.

Blog Entries
    Welcome 8bits

Not all rolls support modifiers etc but this one does (or it should)

I have just tested the following:

/damage 1d6+3+2

and it successfully rolled 1d6+5

I then created 3 skills and a roll as per the screenshot.

It may be that you are calling (a1) instead of (a). If the attribute has more than one (p) value then it will have (a1) otherwise it will just have (a).

damage-roll.png

Thread Information