FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries
    Glad to see this re-opened. The ongoing discussion in this thread has been immensely useful in helping me get a semi-functioning HârnMaster ruleset worked up.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

]I am getting an error in MoreCore when I try to add a /mod formula, really any formula, to a new Roll to the Rolls Menu. The error says "Script Error: [string "scripts/parameter_manager.lua"]:23: attempt to index a nil value". When I create the roll on a character sheet it works fine.
    Cheers,
    Jason

Blog Entries
    Hey Jason_Sunday

When we added two major new enhancements to Rolls being Roll Parameters and Trackers it did have an impact on where the Roll was being stored... Right now some of the checks to make these things work dont work on the Character and NPC sheets when the Roll is in the Rolls Windows. Obviously this does not to be fixed if I can but its not at the top of my list just yet.

If you do not tick the Enable Formula until the end you should be able to set everything in that dialogue and then set it at the end.

As you can now clone characters this also gives you another way of getting Rolls out there.

Apologies for the error.

Hi Damned,

I appear to have lost the abiltiy to import/export character sheets. No arrows showing.

Is there any chance of having this re-implemented?

In the meantime, many thanks as ever for your sterling work.

A.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemister View Post
    Hi Damned,

I appear to have lost the abiltiy to import/export character sheets. No arrows showing.

Is there any chance of having this re-implemented?

In the meantime, many thanks as ever for your sterling work.

A.
    It's working as expected here. Do you have any extensions loaded? MoreCore version? (can be seen at the top of the chat text when you first load up)

Blog Entries
    Hey Alchemister

Im also not seeing this. What version are you running? Small update to 1.50 coming out soon but 1.49 should be working properly too.

Hi Damned, Wnrngdru,

Thanks for the quick response. My version was indeed out of date.

We'll blame it on my age.

Many thanks to both of you.

I tried to drag and drop spells I created to the Morecore character sheet spell section but I am unable to do so. Is there a better way of doing this?
    Cheers,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday View Post
    I tried to drag and drop spells I created to the Morecore character sheet spell section but I am unable to do so. Is there a better way of doing this?
    The bulk of the Morecore character sheet is designed around "rolls". You'll need to set up your spells as "rolls" in the Morecore Rolls screen and not as Spells. Counter-intuitive, I know, but doing like this lets you use your ability scores and stuff to help automate some of your modifiers. You can also add them right to the sheet itself.
    I use groups in the Rolls screen to keep things all organized.

One caveat: If you create a roll in the Rolls bin that uses a Formula it will blow an error if you have the Enable Formula circle checked. The workaround is to leave it unchecked and check it once you drag the roll over to your character sheet.

The Morecore help page is pretty useful in understanding how it works: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html

What game system are you using Morecore for?

Blog Entries
    Rolls are definitely where you create most actions be they Attacks, Skill Checks, Spells etc.

I am getting close to releasing 1.50.
    At this stage Im planning not to make major UI changes to MoreCore anymore because:
    • they often break older extensions
    • the system is close to feature complete

Improvements will mainly be limited to new Rolls and bug fixes.

I will also be working on more ruleset extensions like Superteddy57 has been making.
    I will be releasing new versions of Trail of Cthulhu and Esoterrorists soon after 1.50
    I will also be releasing a Cubicle 7 Doctor Who system and a Fantasy Flight Games Legend of the Five Rings 5E extension ruleset.

Thread Information