DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Thank you mcortez, much appreciated!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Thank you mcortez, much appreciated!
    mcortez

Dude, this is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to figure this stuff out for the likes of me. This stuff goes above and beyond! Coming from a person, who can not do this stuff, you made it work the way I always wanted it too!

@Damned

I would like to second Valyar's request to have the /conan dice roll mimic the infinity roll. Now, i know i can go ahead and make an extension that does this on my own, but it is worth the time to place it in MoreCore proper!

Quote Originally Posted by mcortez View Post
    And that was my mistake, I gave damned an old copy of the infskill die roll script...

Here's the correct version packaged up in a little extension that you can use until damned releases the next version of MoreCore with the corrected roll. I've also added support for complications on a 19, if Expertise is 0.

This version uses /modskill 2d20a#e#f#
    This is super awesome news! This is a real great!

Blog Entries
    mcortez is also running 2d20 games so he knows what is what and ill just incorporate his changes in as they become available.
    Use the extension for now - I wont push another MoreCore update till next weekend at the earliest.

So have you gotten that documentation on the roll parameters done yet? I haven't even tried this new version yet cause I'm afraid of what it might do. lol I'll try it but first I'm backing up the old version. Just in case I have to rollback.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by shadelon View Post
    So have you gotten that documentation on the roll parameters done yet? I haven't even tried this new version yet cause I'm afraid of what it might do. lol I'll try it but first I'm backing up the old version. Just in case I have to rollback.
    didjaevenlook?
    https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#parameters

Quote Originally Posted by mcortez View Post
    And that was my mistake, I gave damned an old copy of the infskill die roll script...

Here's the correct version packaged up in a little extension that you can use until damned releases the next version of MoreCore with the corrected roll. I've also added support for complications on a 19, if Expertise is 0.

This version uses /modskill 2d20a#e#f#
    Hey.. I took this extension, and modified it so I would not need to replace the /conan strings with the new /modskill. And it works flawlessly. Now, I know I can use the parameters in the string to modifiy the number of D20 I roll. But I am adding the code to it now, that allows me to add dice via the lower left modifier box. (its just the way I like it to be done) but with your permission mcortez, I will post that extension here for those who do play conan, wont have to modify any dice strings till the new MoreCore is released. You cool with that?
    Last edited by ShotGun Jolly; November 19th, 2018 at 13:32.

I've no objections, post away!

Edit: I'll go ahead and incorporate your changes back into /modskill -- I think I can setup the die roll to also have multiple aliases so that /conan and /modskill will both use the same code, that way both strings benefit and there's only a single code base.

I'm also going to add another (optional) parameter for c# - which will add to the complication range. In Infinity it's possible to acquire things like weapons that are damaged, or have quirks, so that they always have a +1 or +2 complication range - so you get complications at lower die rolls. I figure it might be handy for when setting up equipment to be able to work that into the roll's themselves.
    Last edited by mcortez; November 19th, 2018 at 18:29.

Thank you mcortez!

Here is the extension file. Slightly modified. This will override the current "/Conan" dice string code in MoreCore and replace it with the above very serious improvements! This also will allow a person to add dice to the roll by adjusting the Modifier box in the bottom left corner.

Inshort, this lets things work till the next version of MoreCore is updated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I wonder if someone can help me make an improvement to the /myinit roll so that when it sets the init it will actually take the total and not just the die roll.

init.png

This is the problem I'm having. The string is set up to accept the modifier and it rolls it with the modifier, but only takes the flat die roll, not the total. I've tried looking at the code, but I can't figure out how to make it work correctly.

Thread Information