DICE PACKS BUNDLE

I am setting up a Conan 2d20 game trying to use the MoreCore instead of the modified extension by Ogedei, due to the errors that I can't fully track and fix.

The /crom rolls for the combat dies are not taking the results of 5 and 6 properly. Those not only add Effect, but also add 1 to the total result for the dice pool. This is from the rulebook:
    • Results of 1 and 2 have their normal values.
    • Results of 5 or 6 are referred to as Effects. An Effect adds 1 to the total, and also triggers certain abilities, such as weapon Qualities and other special conditions.

PS: Is there a way on the /conan rolls to mark 20s as Complication? I presume some expression that evaluates the rolls on landing must take care of this?
    Last edited by Valyar; August 4th, 2018 at 14:50.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Blog Entries
    Valyar I dont play 96% of the games that these scripts support which is why I need detailed information on how they should work. I build them in the way Im told they should work.

I have tested the Crom roll with this syntax /crom 6d6 and also combining with a modifier (either by /mod roll or by modifier interface) and I get both damage and Effects reporting in the chat window.

As to the /conan rolls please provide more detail. Is this a house rule (if so Im nt going to implement it) or a core rule and exactly how does it play out and how should it report and how do other things impact it?

damned, it is core rule of Conan 2d20. Basically in Conan 2d20 by Modiphius we have two rolls - with d20 dice (skill tests) and d6 (damage).

The skill test rolls using d20 are having the following rules:
    • The skill’s Target Number (TN) is equal to the attribute for that skill, plus any ranks in Expertise the character possesses for that skill.
    • When asked to perform a skill test, the player should roll 2d20.
    • Each die that rolls equal to or less than that skill’s Target Number scores a single success.
    • Furthermore, the character’s ranks of Focus in that skill create the possibility to score extra successes: each d20 result equal to or less than the character’s Focus for that skill scores two successes instead of one.
    • Whenever a result of a 20 is rolled on any d20 in a skill test, the gamemaster immediately creates an impediment or problem — called a Complication — that is applied to the situation or the specific character that made the original roll
    • One Complication is created for each result of a 20 rolled.
    • When rolling multiple 20s, the character may suffer multiple Complications. These can be resolved separately, or the gamemaster may choose to group them together into a bigger problem.

Working example: I have the Agility attribute of 10, Athletic skill expertise of 5 and focus on it of 3. When I roll this, the target number is 15, every die that comes up with equal or less is Success. Every die that is equal or less than my focus value is counted as two success, every die that is 20 is counted as Complication.

This works fine as far as I tested /conan #d#x#y# counts the successes properly when focus is supplied. If there is no focus I put 0 at the end.

The combat die is simple, explained above:
    • When rolling a CD § (i.e. d6), ignore any results of 3 or 4.
    • Results of 1 and 2 have their normal values.
    • Results of 5 or 6 are referred to as Effects. An Effect adds 1 to the total, and also triggers certain abilities, such as weapon Qualities and other special conditions.

Roll Value
    1 1
    2 2
    3 and 4 0
    5 and 6 1 plus an Effect

Working example: Weapon does 5d6 damage. I roll 1,2,5,4,6
    Using the table, the report should be: Damage total 5 + 2x Effect. Because 6 is also counted as value of 1 and generates an Effect. Effect triggers the weapon's special properties.

It is important not only to count the total damage, but also the effects generated. Players can pay in Doom points to the GM to reduce the amount of Effects, negating the bad things that happen after triggering the weapon's special quality(or qualities).

EDIT:
    Forgot to add that i got the following error when I try to use /crom:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_crom.lua"]:99: attempt to concatenate field 'sSize' (a nil value)

I am supplying /crom 5d6 for example.
    Last edited by Valyar; August 5th, 2018 at 06:48. Reason: adding error

Blog Entries
    Thanks Valyar

Can you please get one of the other Conan GMs (I'll ping Shotgun) to confirm the changes and Ill make them.
    I cannot replicate the error - can you provide more info - can you post the chat window contents on loading up your campaign?

I will ask Ogedei to check it. In his ruleset he has custom combat dice implementation that calculates this.

Attached is the screenshot from the table - I created new game and replicated on two computers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quick note on complications.

On a trained skill a complication is generated on a 20. On an untrained skill it's on a 19-20.

And sorcery rolls are another ball entirety where all fails can be complications in some cases.

Need some way to determine which is being attempted or it may just be better to leave it in the GMs hands vs. the script.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogedei View Post
    Quick note on complications.

On a trained skill a complication is generated on a 20. On an untrained skill it's on a 19-20.

And sorcery rolls are another ball entirety where all fails can be complications in some cases.

Need some way to determine which is being attempted or it may just be better to leave it in the GMs hands vs. the script.
    Oh you guys are PITA!

Valyar - am PMing you a new version to test. Once you are happy with it I will need you to upload some completed Characters, and maybe a library of Rolls or an exported Campaign so others can try it out too please.

mc-new-conan.jpg

OK so hopefully this will be an easy one. I am trying to set up characters based on the new expanse rules as found in the expanse quickstart. The expanse uses fantasy AGE rules as its base. I am having trouble setting up the attacks and damage in the attacks section. The pistol attack for instance should be 3d6 + 2, but it should be a /stunt roll, and when I try using the /stunt command in the attack section it doesn't seem to recognize it. I figured out how to do regular attacks and damage, so I Guess my question is: how should I set up attacks when the attack requires a stunt roll?
    Last edited by timdog88; August 11th, 2018 at 17:39.

Blog Entries
    Hi timdog88 it should be set up as a roll but we probably need a new roll that makes this as type damage.
    Is there anything different about the way the two rolls are handled mechanically?

Thread Information