DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Damned has quite a few videos on youtube, including examples of character sheet creation, you might want to check them out

https://www.youtube.com/c/DamianHupfeld/playlists

Blog Entries
    Welcome Arrix

Does an Ability always use the same Attribute?

Probably the easiest way to set this up is:

Ability: /mod (p1)
    Attribute: /mod (p1)
    Challenge Roll (or whatever you wish to call it): /exalted (p1)d10

Player clicks Ability Icon (adds the value to the Modifier Stack)
    Player clicks Attribute Icon (adds the value to the Modifier Stack)
    Player inputs any effects into the Challenge Roll (p1) field or sets it to 0 (no effects).
    Player clicks the Challenge Roll Icon.

See how that works?

@johnecc

Ah yes, thank you. The videos are really helpful and I've already watched a few of them. And I most certainly will be comming back to them when I learned a few basic XML and Lua things first.

@damned

No an ability does not always use the same attribute. There are certain cases where that is the case but generally no, it always depends on the players approach.
    An attack roll is either rolled with Dexterity + fight ability + weapon accuracy or Strength + fight ability + weapon accuracy. Meanwhile a damage roll is always (Strenght + weapon damage + threshold successes on the attack roll)-(enemies soak) and knowing stuff is always a Intelligence + (Ability) roll.

I just tried your setup and it works like a charm. Thank you.

Would it also be possible for the input in the Challenge Roll /exalted (p1)d10 to accept negativ inputs? Let's say the player tries to see something far away in heavy fog. That would cause a -2 or -3 penalty. How would I do something like that? With the current formula inputting -3 into the sheet just adds 3 dice.

A workaround I see would be adding these penalties as Modifier to the Modifiers Library (is that what you call it?) and then add them to the Modifier Stack after the player did build their pool.

Was just passing on some work to a friend to test and it hit me - I haven't (on purpose) updated my laptop's FG (Classic and Unity) since January - I am doing slow part time dev work so didn't want to chase versions. I usually update like 2-4x a year max (it's not my play box)

I loaded the new MC and my extension and mod. The extension does not show up - HOWEVER, I have not read a single thread so anything that changed after the big recent change that required MC updating etc, no clue if it changed anything in xml definition or client fields etc to see/load an extension now.

Gonna start searching forums but if anyone can link a thread to speed me - I might be abler to pass it to him tonight.

Yup, you are right

and it was when I tested an old extension which DID load against my extension.xml, I saw in one of 3 places were I used & instead was & (or like that - from memory, but had a "#" in it) instead - WEIRD, I definitely did not intend to type that in if I did...

Loads now.

Is it possible to adjust the size of the squares where the modifier are entered? Exalted regulary uses pools and modifier that are between 10 - 25. Having a bit more space within the square would greatly improve the readability for us.
    fg.png
    See how it cuts the second number?

This is a screen from the NPCs Category but the PC sheet has the same problem.

Blog Entries
    there is a Fat Fields, or something like that, extension floating about.
    im not changing the default because space is at a premium...

Thread Information