STAR TREK 2d20
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    Hi damned,

On the Blades in the Dark example rolls those look awesome, except on the 3 dice rolls in the 2nd example, the roll that has 2 six results should be a "Critical" or "Critical Success" rather than just a "Full Success". It is correct in the 1st example with the unskilled rolls, however, where taking the lower of the 2 dice shows 2 six results but only provides a "Full Success" (since you cannot get a "Critical" on an unskilled roll).
    Hi zarlor, Mursha,

Attachment 36079

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    Damage types are"Impact", "Bio" and "Energy" there is an equivalent armour type for each.

AFAICT the health status is not cumulative, if you have suffered a (W)ound then a later (S)nafued result will have no effect, (this makes sense given the cinematic nature of the game)
    Do you have 3 different types of armour/defense?
    Do you have 3 different types of health?

Your Attack is based only on your skill?
    Your Damage is based on the weapons stats and the same attack roll?

I am putting in the value 20 into the health field in the combat frame,(Top right) then dragging the box into Ref A, however it doesn't seem to register the location of the value, (in the example you showed, it obviously was referring to a specific character sheet, whereas whenever I try all I get is ': (a) available'
    tried putting in 'merge="join"' clauses into xml but that has made the situation even worse

Blog Entries
    ok, so you are doing this in FGU?
    It looks like FGU isnt storing the same dragdata info in the source.
    What you did there works fine in FGC.
    Can you test dragging from other fields?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Do you have 3 different types of armour/defense?
    Most armour protects against all 3 damage types with a generic value between 1 and 6. some only protect against a specific type of damage i.e. I3 or E2 etc. Armour reduction is calculated after boosts added.

Do you have 3 different types of health?
    Only one type of health that is affected by all 3 types of damage.

Your Attack is based only on your skill?
    Yes Skill is calculated by adding a basic VIOLENCE stat to your skill training in the type of weapon i.e skill firing a cone rifle is calculated by adding VIOLENCE stat to skill in projectile weapons. VIOLENCE=7, Projectile weapons skill =4, the total skill therefore 11 to hit, (plus any modifiers the GM wants to add)
    Your Damage is based on the weapons stats and the same attack roll?
    yes that's right.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    ok, so you are doing this in FGU?
    It looks like FGU isnt storing the same dragdata info in the source.
    What you did there works fine in FGC.
    Can you test dragging from other fields?
    yes sorry should have mentioned FGU.
    I have already tried several different fields, all give the same result.
    BTW I haven't said this before, but I really appreciate your help and prompt responses.

OK now it is getting officially weird.
    as I said I had started putting in merge commands for the screens in the character sheet, now I can no longer drag and drop 'rolls' to some of those sheets, BUT, if I click at the top of some of the frames, it will open a new roll screen, and if I do /sthrow 1d20<(a) in the new roll... it works perfectly, BUT, the new roll does not appear on the list of rolls (and yes I have set the group to (all), so it should list them. This is similar to a problem I had with new "groups", in that I could create them but they were not displayed, (however with the groups I could retrieve them using the search function, this does not work with the rolls).
    I will zip up the extension so far and send it to you if you like. There is a lot of redundant stuff I need to delete, but I was going to get it working before I started stripping out the dead wood.

I have tried my extension in Classic, and it has the same problem, so it is a me problem as opposed to a Unity problem, whether that makes it better or worse, is up to you to decide I suppose rationally, from your point of view it is better since it is only one person affected as opposed to potentially all unity users.

NickT

Blog Entries
    You are talking different issues.
    the linking is due to a Unity difference in the information that is being stored when the data is dragged.

This other issue is due to your code.
    Why are you making changes to the Rolls lists?

Blog Entries
    I have misled you also.
    The dragdata is working fine in my copy of MoreCore on FGU.
    You said you saw the same thing without the extension loaded?
    Have you edited CoreRPG or MoreCore in any way?

Thread Information