FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    so /blades (p1)+(p2) will roll (p1)+(p2) dice, will keep the highest dice and report it. if its a double 6 it reports critical success. if you have 0 dice it rolls 2 dice and keeps the lowest.

what I would do is..
    set up your attributes (or whatever the thing is that is part of all rolls) as /blades (p1)+(p2) and hide (p3).
    set the attribute score in (p1)
    set the sum of all the other modifiers in (p2) at the time of roll
    activate the roll
    either manually clear the (p2) field after the roll or just make sure you set it correctly before each roll.

I'll look into that, thank you.

Is there somewhere I have to enable, say like the Items list as usable by the players, because I can see it on my end and add to the character, but it's not populating on the players end...

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure what you mean. Do they not have the items campaign tool? Or they have the button but it's empty? Or they have items but cannot drag and drop them?

I could replicate the abilities issue you reported for FGU but I have not looked any further just yet.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do they not have the items campaign tool? Or they have the button but it's empty? Or they have items but cannot drag and drop them?

I could replicate the abilities issue you reported for FGU but I have not looked any further just yet.
    Cool. Glad it wasn't just me. !)

On the GM screen, the Items and Abilities window is populated. On the players side, they're entirely blank. Not even categories.

Blog Entries
    GM data is not shared to players by default.
    Create your Items and either share them individually or export them to a module and set the module (in library) to Player Allowed.
    Only the second way will show categories.

GM data is not shared to players by default.
    Create your Items and either share them individually or export them to a module and set the module (in library) to Player Allowed.
    Only the second way will show categories.
    I tried this, but it's still not showing up... In the Library, under Data Module Activation, it's loaded and Player Load Allowed is green...
    I did make sure the Items and Abilities were checked when I exported. I even with and without the Player Module entry checked, though I'm not sure what that is really for...

The only options I see in there that might be affecting things is Read Only and Player Module... I can't find any information on what these do. It doesn't appear to be in the general FG wiki...
    Last edited by bloodylemming; July 15th, 2020 at 19:48.

Blog Entries
    Hi bloodylemming

Close FG and reopen FG. As GM can you go into your Library and Data Activation and Load the module there. Set it as Allow Player Load.
    When you go into Items on your GM screen the ones in the module should have a little book icon.
    If there is no little book icon then the data you are expecting isnt in the module.

Hi bloodylemming

Close FG and reopen FG. As GM can you go into your Library and Data Activation and Load the module there. Set it as Allow Player Load.
    When you go into Items on your GM screen the ones in the module should have a little book icon.
    If there is no little book icon then the data you are expecting isnt in the module.
    It is loaded on my end, I do see the books next to each entry, though I so a duplicate list, which I assume is the list I exprorted and the original list. I don;t know why it wouldn't just replace them, but oh well. !)
    Can I manually delete the non-book entries and still export a complete list, if I add to it, or do I have to keep the duplicates, as in the export won't export the book-marked items?

I finally got it to load for the players. They have to go in an manually install the module... This seems very silly to me. The modules required for the game should automatically load for the clients, or they can't play the game...
    Anyway, probably an FG thing, not a MC thing.

I still don't know what the Read Only and Player Module selection options do under the export dialogue. Those don't appear to be in any of the FG documentation, and I can't find it in the morecore documentation...

I've alos just noticed that /reload isn't doing anything...

Blog Entries
    Generally you should make content that you want to export, in a campaign dedicated to that content - not the one you are playing in.
    Export the content from there always. No need to load the module in that campaign.

You should not need to send the players the mod file. They should be able to load it in their Library while connected to you and you have it set to Allow.

/reload is not available in FGU at this time. If you are doing dev work you might consider using FGC for now.
    Also /reload doesnt refresh mod content - for that you need to unload/load the mod.

Also /reload doesnt refresh mod content - for that you need to unload/load the mod.
    TRUTH - this one gets me so often, I keep forgetting this.

Thread Information