STAR TREK 2d20
    I'm curious about Alternity. For those who aren't old and don't know the OG Alternity system, it was a d20 roll under target engine, but with quirks to it. You have your basic target number, say 12. But if you roll under the halfway mark, it's considered a good success, and if you roll under the quarter mark it's an amazing success. So if your skill's score is 12, 1-3 is amazing, 4-6 is good, 7-12 is a plain success, 13-19 is a failure, 20 is a crit fail. You roll both the main d20 and a situation die, either as a bonus or penalty, chosen by the DM, so an easy task might have a d6 rolled and removed from your d20, a hard task might add a d10 to it, because rolling low is good.

Is there remotely any ways to automate that math, or would that need a dedicated ruleset to pull off?

Is there a changelog of MoreCore? I lost the news :-(

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    I'm curious about Alternity. For those who aren't old and don't know the OG Alternity system, it was a d20 roll under target engine, but with quirks to it. You have your basic target number, say 12. But if you roll under the halfway mark, it's considered a good success, and if you roll under the quarter mark it's an amazing success. So if your skill's score is 12, 1-3 is amazing, 4-6 is good, 7-12 is a plain success, 13-19 is a failure, 20 is a crit fail. You roll both the main d20 and a situation die, either as a bonus or penalty, chosen by the DM, so an easy task might have a d6 rolled and removed from your d20, a hard task might add a d10 to it, because rolling low is good.

Is there remotely any ways to automate that math, or would that need a dedicated ruleset to pull off?
    Valatar please post as much info as possible.
    Ill write the roll if you export a completed sample character sheet and share it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by graziano.girelli View Post
    Is there a changelog of MoreCore? I lost the news :-(
    Sad to say - no.
    Im also waaaay behind in doco.

If anyone wants to search thru the rolls in scripts and compare to the current doco and let me know all those that dont appear to be doco'd it would make my life a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If anyone wants to search thru the rolls in scripts and compare to the current doco and let me know all those that dont appear to be doco'd it would make my life a lot easier.
    @damned Do you want just the missing ones, or the ones where the help text doesn't match the docs too?

Hmm... It looks like most of the help text hasn't been updated from the /rolld script it was based on. So, never mind on that.
    Last edited by wndrngdru; January 22nd, 2020 at 02:28.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    @damned Do you want just the missing ones, or the ones where the help text doesn't match the docs too?

Hmm... It looks like most of the help text hasn't been updated from the /rolld script it was based on. So, never mind on that.
    The main issue is the html help file.
    As you point out the help text within rolls hasnt been maintained...
    If you are really keen and you doco that i will update them too.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The main issue is the html help file.
    As you point out the help text within rolls hasnt been maintained...
    If you are really keen and you doco that i will update them too.
    Okay. For starters, here's a quick list of all the manager_custom_*.lua scripts I found that weren't present at all in the linked help file. If I get some time in the next couple days, I'll dig deeper and flag the ones where the help text is obviously incorrect.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --
    I'm so bassic

Blog Entries
    Some of those are quite fun.
    Heres an easter egg for you -

type /chatimage combat or /chatimage treasure or /chatimage night (there are a bunch more) into chat

Looking for a sanity check: I want to link the penalty in Harn Skill: /harnskill x#y# (roll 1d100 to determine success level given a Mastery Level and Penalty) to a field on the character sheet and dynamically modify it.
    So for example, let's say my character sheet has a Fatigue box with -5 in it and I have a mastery of 55 so
    1) 55 - 5 = 50 for the first roll
    Making that roll causes the macro to update the Fatigue box to -10 so that the next roll would be
    2) 55 - 10 = 45 for the second roll
    and so on.
    Is it possible to dynamically link a box on the character sheet to a roll and have it auto-increment each time the roll is executed? Thanks.

Thread Information