FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Im not following - sorry. Can you post some screenshots?
    Sure...So as I mentioned in my other posts, I've changed everything on the Character Sheet that used term "Abilities" to "Talents". Here's a screenshot of the Abilities tab (not Talents) for which all is fine other than my tab icons text not being the right font and not centering within the tab.

Talents-Screenshot.png

However, changing that tab has also caused the 2nd/lower tab on the class window to change, as it uses uses whatever tab icon file is assigned to the tab_abilities record. Here's a screenshot of it for my Rogue class with the tab highlighted.

Class-Screenshot.png

What I'd ideally like to do, is have that 2nd/lower tab on the class forum be independent of the tab_abilities record. Note that all of these are set within the CoreRPG ruleset. So not knowing whether this should be handled here or CoreRPG, I created this thread at the CoreRPG forum

Blog Entries
    in MoreCore record_char.xml see lines 228-231
    Code:
    <tab>
    	<icon>tab_abilities</icon>
    	<subwindow>abilities</subwindow>
    </tab>
    see also in CoreRPG graphics_tabs.xml line 32
    Code:
    	<icon name="tab_abilities" file="graphics/tabs/tab_abilities.png" />
    you should create a new vertical icon for Talents
    create an icon name for it tab_talents and in your extension redefine the charsheet windowclass so that line 229 uses tab_talents
    you may find it easiest to include the whole record_char.xml in your extension

Feedback much appreciated Damned.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    in MoreCore record_char.xml see lines 228-231
    Code:
    <tab>
    	<icon>tab_abilities</icon>
    	<subwindow>abilities</subwindow>
    </tab>
    see also in CoreRPG graphics_tabs.xml line 32
    Code:
    	<icon name="tab_abilities" file="graphics/tabs/tab_abilities.png" />
    you should create a new vertical icon for Talents
    create an icon name for it tab_talents and in your extension redefine the charsheet windowclass so that line 229 uses tab_talents
    you may find it easiest to include the whole record_char.xml in your extension
    Yep, I went the route of reassigning the file that the tab_abilities record references, so that it instead uses my custom tab_talents.png. So now that line 32 in the CoreRPG is replaced with this line in my extention.xml:

<icon name="tab_abilities" file="graphics/tabs/tab_talents.png" />
    That looks fine, other than my font not matching that which is used for the other tabs and it not correctly centering left-to-right.
    I was hoping to avoid including an entire file like record_char.xml, as that would lessen the chance of my extension becoming broken with future MoreCore updates. Would it be possible for me to just create a new XML and LUA files that adds a new [Levels] tab and changes the class window so that it references it for that 2nd-lower tab?

Blog Entries
    record_char.xml changes very infrequently... however it will have to change in the next build as CoreRPG has some big changes in that space.
    yes - Im sure you could make similar change in class and it might be less prone to breaking

There is a minor error on the MoreCore Startup, where it says "data_desktop_5e" does not exist.
    To fix it, I would recommend changing two lines in the base xml file

Line 167 - Change name="LibraryData5E" to name="LibraryDataMC". This doesn't fix anything, but it does unify the name under MC.
    Line 169 - Change file="scripts/data_desktop_5E.lua" to file="scripts/data_desktop_mc.lua". The data_desktop_mc.lua file DOES exist, but the system isn't referring to it.

Hello all,

I installed MoreCore via the Forge today and I've been having a bit of an issue with the /edie and /edies rolls.

Below is what shows on the chat window when I enter /edies 2d6x4:
    s'onExplodingDiceSuccessesSlashCommand(sCmd, sParam)'

s'processExplodingDiceSuccesses(draginfo)'

s'decodeDiceResults(sSource)'

s'encodeDiceResults(aDieResults)'

s'aDieResults: ' | { }

s'processDefaultSuccessesResults draginfo: ' | dragdata = { type = s'explodingDiceSuccesses', desc = s'2d6x4', #slots = #1, slot = #1, string = s'', num = #0, diceexpr = {}, shortcut = {}, asset = {, instance = }, custom = { s'rollresults' = s'', s'successlevel' = #4 } }

2d6x4
    Target=4
    0 Successes

And below is the output to the log:

[7/25/2022 10:49:32 PM] s'nSuccessLevel: '|#4
    Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to correct it? I'm really hopeful to use /edies in an upcoming campaign.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Hey technocrat13 there is an issue with edies that is unresolved.

My recommendation is to try this command instead of edie

/die 4d6e4

For the other - you need to count the number of dice rolled at 4 or over right?
    And the exploded die would each be counted as additional dice rather than making the initial number higher?

I may have to write a new roll...

For the other - you need to count the number of dice rolled at 4 or over right?
    And the exploded die would each be counted as additional dice rather than making the initial number higher?
    That's exactly it.

/die 4d6e4 is pretty interesting, but it doesn't appear that it'll work for what we're doing, as it explodes on any result of 4 or better. If that's the way /edie was intended to work, then it would have been a bust for me anyway. No harm, no foul there.

If you do happen to write a new roll, I would be very grateful and would love to hear about it. I know you already spend quite a bit of your time working on this stuff and an edge-case die roll is a big ask.

Thanks for your time.

Blog Entries
    so you want to count the number of dice over a certain value and you dont want it exploding right?
    in that case use:

Count Successes: /successes #d#x# (roll #dice and count #+)
    /successes 2d6x4

Blog Entries
    Or you are looking for it to explode on 6 and you count all values of 4+ as successes?
    Do you count a 6+6+4 as 1 success or 3?

Thread Information